Will the Book Study ever be dropped from the weekly meetings?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

Oh doubting bro - yee of little faith. bwaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa

Just wait and see.....

(no I'm not a bethel monitor)

• cameo-d
  • passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I've dug out the Aug 2007 KM and there it is on page 8 - "How the Congregation Book Study Arrangement Helps Us".

Note how it's referred to as an arrangement. It was never just another meeting for the WTS. It was part and parcel of their control techniques as were plainly laid out in this article;
    - the BSO can get to 'know' the flock better
    - the BSO can better keep his eye on the FS of the flock under his care

The last paragraph states the following;

"What a blessing the Congregation Book Study is! This loving arrangement from Jehovah helps us maintain our sure spiritual footing during the challenging times in which we live."

Compare that statement with paragraph 2 of the April 14t letter from the GB;

"Like the first-century governing body, we wish to add no further burden to you, except what is necessary."

In the space of 6 months this 'loving arrangement from Jehovah" had become an unnecessary burden.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What a interesting thread.

Makes you wonder even more what the GB are playing at.

• recovering
    recovering

he he it has been accomplished , it is gone

• cantleave
    cantleave

Remember You heard it here first. Proves the WTS policy is developed from JWN.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

So can we start a thread titled "Will the Shunning Ever Be Dropped by the GB?"

• DJK
    DJK

So can we start a thread titled "Will the Shunning Ever Be Dropped by the GB?"

You might try the search feature found on the upper portion of this page.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I really think the Book Study would be the last strong hold for the WT to do away with for the above mentioned reason that you don't need a Kingdom hall to have it and so as they become more and more strapped for funds and membership dwindles and KH are sold it don't seem likely.

Home church seems to be the next step and probably last before they dwindle into obscurity as the climate for religious ignorance becomes more and more hostile.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Many in my old cong are really pissed that the book study is no more. Its now incorporated into the Service meeting which is held on a Wednesday night. This stops most of the dubs from taking advantage of the "2 for 1" Orange Wednesdays deal at the cinema and I get a shun-free trip to the movies - result!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit