The Fader (Me) at a Restaurant with the Cong. Dubs (long)

by OnTheWayOut 26 Replies latest jw friends

• shell69
    shell69

conditional friends. conditional god.

Shell

• changeling
    changeling

Myabe you have "cooties"! LOL

changeling

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Pharisees

• Highlander
    Highlander
    I really don't plan to keep going to any of these. I will
    probably just go back to "It's a bad idea."

Just to put a little different perspective on this. My dad(an ex elder, inactive for more than 2 decades) continues to attend some social j-dub functions. Dad recognizes that the only reason he is invited is because mom and the rest of the family are dubs. Despite that, he enjoys going and tries to be involved when it's something he wants to do. If you still enjoy some of these social functions then I would recommend that you still go.

• jam
    jam

A FEW YEARS AGO MY DAUGHTER CELEBRATED HER FIRST YEAR OF MARRAGE. SHE TOLD ME BEFORE SHE GOT MARRIED SHE WOULD NEVER MARRY A MAN THAT WOULD NOT RESPECT HER FATHER, WITNESS OR NOT. SO SHE MARRIED A BRO. SHE INSIST THAT I COME WITH MY NEW WIFE TOO HER CELEBRATION. I RELUCTANTLY AGREED. SHE TOLD ME DAD THE DINNER WILL BE A HOUR BEFORE YOU GET THERE. MY GUEST , MY BROTHER , HIS DAUGHTER HER HUSBAND, (NONE JW,S) MY SON HIS DATE SHE NEVER BEEN AROUND JW, MY OTHER SON AND HIS DATE , SHE NEVER BEEN AROUND JW. WELL WHEN WE GOT THERE FOOD HAD NOT BEEN SERVED. SO A FEW MINUTES AFTER WE ARRIVE, MY DAUGHTER CAME OVER WITH TEARS IN HER EYES AND TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO LEAVE.THERE WERE OVER A 100 JW THERE. MY EX WIFE ,AND OTHER JW FAMILY MEMBERS. MY BROTHER ASK ME WHATS WRONG, I TOLD HIM. HE SAT BACK IN HIS SEAT AND LOOK AROUND A SAID ------YOU ALL. ALL MY GUESS STOOD UP LOOK AROUND AND WE ALL WALK OUT. AS WE WERE WALKING OUT SOME ONE CAME UP TO THE OTHER MEMBERS IN MY PARTY AND TOLD THEM THEY CAN STAY. THEY TOLD THEM IF HE CAN,T STAY THEN WE WILL NOT STAY. I FELT SORRY FOR MY DAUGHTER IT SHULD HAVE BEEN A HAPPY OCCASION.

• James Free
    James Free

Such an honest display of no-love. What total pharisees so many elders are.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

saywhat29 said: "...you were allowed to enter the bubble for a little while.... So, it made you not talk
    as much 'cause you could feel the stares (whehter they were real or imagined) burning into you..."
    It is not like that yet, but I imagine it will be from now on. I felt very comfortable at that gathering and
    no real pressure was placed upon me. The people who might have wanted to put pressure on me sat
    at the table across the room.

A&W, shell69, changeling, stilla, James Free; yes- Idiots and conditional friends or Pharisees- Thanks for the laugh.

Highlander, I will evaluate each function as it comes up. I imagine if they mark me, it'll dry up, but I know
    it won't completely, plus there are many dubs not at the congregation I attended who will never know of the
    marking. If they don't mark me, there will still be invites from the people there occasionally. Thanks for
    making me think.

jam, one similarity is that in my case and yours, the problem was petty elders. In my case, they didn't force a
    scene. Try to understand that your daughter was thrust into this situation at the last second. Great show of
    support, though, by everyone leaving. Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit