WHA WAS THE TURNING POINT FOR YOU IN JWS

by chuckyy 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

HI.

just wondering what it was that first made you realise that JWS didnt have the absolute "truth"? Was there a specific event/turning point for you or was it a moment of enlightenment?

CHUKKY

• freetosee
    freetosee

It is actually many many things, but most of all the lack of love... there are nice people among jws, but most of them are fighting each other in some way or the other... even using the wt study or other meetings as battle fields...

Dont know, one day I just allowed myself to question things and the many doubts and disappointments came together.

fts

• greendawn
    greendawn

The FDS was too much of a sacred cow, they wouldn't accept critical discussion of their ideology, they would absolutely tolerate no criticism even when they were known for having made a mess of numerous issues.

That was too much and especially when they claimed that there was a similar style of government in the early curch. What a joke back then inspiration came to all church members.

And the FDS is not even all the "anointed" but just the handful of GB members. Why would God inspire/direct only them? And why so many errors?

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

I can't really say one clear thing, but I do know that when we started up the Rev book for the 8th time that the first opening discussion about how basically the whole book was based on their interpretation got me wondering hmmm.. so are they saying they may not really be sure?

And then the scripture "who really is the faithful & discreet slave...." that the WTS always uses as proof that the FDS is needed really confused me. It always has and recently it bugged me more and more. How does that scripture explain anything? And there was no other scripture to back up that "claim". It rubbed me the wrong way.

And honestly, the hounding we got from everyone at the meeting. I didn't take it as personal concern about my welfare, I took it as people couldn't mind their own business. I hated that at the end of each book study we'd discuss where all the missing people where. I remember one person going "hmm.. she's still not feeling well? I heard she went to work today though"

And after every meeting I left feeling stressed out and annoyed, not anywhere near "refreshed".

• oompa
    oompa

Mine really got down to basics. The Bible. Our Bible, the NWT. Discoverd that the name Jehovah has been restored 6 times per page in the OT, nearly 7000 times and very proud of that. But rut-roooo, we claim in is restored only 237 in the NT and that is when quoting from the OT acording to Apendix 1d. Since Rev.22:18,19 says you can not take away or add a word, I started there. There are about a dozen places the name Jehovah appears in Revelation and NONE of them are quoted from the OT! The "we have quoted them from the Hebrew "is a partial lie, a half truth, and by the way Jehovah appears only .8 times per page in NT, but in reality is 0.00 times per page.

There are also dozens of other places we have just stuck in the name Jehovah where there is no quote from the OT. And there is not a single reference book, booklet (devine name), no talks about what we have really done when restoring the devine name in the NT. Turns out if you look under Jehovah in the Insight book you will find that there are no ancient Christian Greek manuscripts IN THE WORLD that contain gods name, not even once!!! But that did not stop us from putting it in there 237 times, and there are many other changes we have made to the bible I grew up with.

So its great we restored the Name when we found YHWH nearly 7000 times in the OT. But that wasn't enough! No, lets just go ahead and sneak the Jewish God Jehovah right into the Christion Scriptures too! And yes I wrote HQ and asked was was their support for saying the name used to be in old manuscripts, but have been taken out by apostates. They replied "we have indirect evidence" . Well what is it dang it, that is what I asked for was the second letter sent. FDS- "we have no further inforation for you at this time"

Thanks you SOOOO MUCH! I guess if you had any freaking evidence, you would have provided it. I know how to build a house. I know how to restore a house. You can not restore a house that has never been built!

still pissed in the extreme. using the NWT perpetuates a fraud.....oompa

• oompa
    oompa

younglove:

And then the scripture "who really is the faithful & discreet slave...." that the WTS always uses as proof that the FDS is needed really confused me. It always has and recently it bugged me more and more. How does that scripture explain anything? And there was no other scripture to back up that "claim". It rubbed me the wrong way.

This has always made me feel uncomfortable, esp. at the memorial. I get the heebie jeebies every time I hear the phrase. Early christians could heal people, raise the dead, and speak in tounges, so it would make sence with that much Holy Spirit, they would certainly know they were the faithful slave right? NOT. They never used this term amongst them selves, but did numerous times call each other "those chosen", "the Chosen Ones". So why are we not imitation the 1st century christians in this manner? The faithful and discreet slave is a parable among about 12 other parables that all meat about the same thing.

geeze louise.....oompa

• okiesooner1966
    okiesooner1966

I was raised in the "Truth" so I basically just took everything as gospel. My turning point actually came over time when I realized this was not the kind of life I wanted to live. Fortunetely except for maybe about a year did I ever take it very serious. To this day I could not quote a scrpiture without getting it wrong. I think it probaliy is different with people raised in the religon raither than finding it later. Most of my friends that were raised in the truth except for a handful have been out for a long time.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The lack of love was the knock on the door. I finally answered the knock after denial of several years. The key to unlock that door was CoC. Like Pandora, once it was opened it was impossible close again.

Jeff

• fresia
    fresia
    but most of all the lack of love

This was it for me...every thing else was just a reasurrance.

The Christ like personality was not there.

• Dagney
    Dagney

All the issues discussed here contributed to my ending my life as a JW. Being required to shun a family member after a 20 yr old DF'g for "going against counsel," no immorality involved, no rule breaking involved, was the last straw. I decided I could not do it, will not do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit