I must say Goodbye for now

by KW13 39 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

This may not be a forever goodbye, but its certainly a goodbye to this stage of my life because i need to make real progress instead of just talking about it. I may post the odd post on a rare occasion, but its not part of my plan really.

I posted a topic called the truth, which was originally going to be my farewell to this forum. I think with my current situation, having a son and having a family that requires my attention it would be wise for me to move on in some shape or form, because i dont want the negativity of the Watchtower Society to rub off on my son and give him any of the grief and worries i had when i was growing up. I am aiming for something that at the moment i can't reach, total and complete recovery from the things that have happened and the ability to put them in a certain place, where they are useful but not damaging.

I've been seriously considering doing this for a while, last week i removed myself as Admin from my personal Website i run with friends and became just a member because i need to really get my real life going, otherwise i risk using the internet as an escape and forgetting my responsibilities.

Simon made a comment today that really made me think and i wondered if i could achieve it "in my opinion everyone should aim to become an ex-ex jehovahs witness"

Of course i wont forget the experiences i've had, but neither will i let them rule my life any forever. Instead i intend to continue getting the help i need from new places and in new ways, create real friendships (yes with you also) and pull it all together. I might even attend the odd apostafest when life and time and situation allows it in the future.

Feel Free to email me at karlwhitfield13 AT hotmail.com (without spaces and with an @ not AT). Some of you have been amazing friends and the rest have been good friends.

I never realised the decision would come this suddenly but today it sunk in just what me and megan have, and i will do everything necessary to make things right for us all. I understand really what PurpleSofa, Arthur and others are doing now. Whatever happens, Megan will still reply and thank you all and so will i with her in the appropriate threads. We will also make sure your not all out of the picture about him.

I did leave last year and earlier this year, and when i came back JWD meant something else and it played a different role, who knows what the future holds.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

All the best to you and your new family in this part of your journey through life.

BB

• Warlock
    Warlock

Karl,

I will miss you, friend.

Warlock

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Do what you must, Daddy.

It's been a privilege to get to know such a good man.

Say Hello from time to time, will ya?

• dobbie
    dobbie

Karl we all understand.You've got a brilliant life now with your special family and you need to be concentrating on that. I had a break a while ago (not that it was noticed lol!) but i came back cos i'm so nosy i wanted to see how everyone was doing! Yes Simon's comment caught my attention as well. Sometimes coming here too much can stop you from moving on with your life .Put your family and yourself first and enjoy yourself, i'm sure Noah will help you to move away from your jw experiences. I know you will be great parents and will miss your posts and sense of humour! Hugs to all three of you Deb x

• dobbie
    dobbie

Karl we all understand.You've got a brilliant life now with your special family and you need to be concentrating on that. I had a break a while ago (not that it was noticed lol!) but i came back cos i'm so nosy i wanted to see how everyone was doing! Yes Simon's comment caught my attention as well. Sometimes coming here too much can stop you from moving on with your life .Put your family and yourself first and enjoy yourself, i'm sure Noah will help you to move away from your jw experiences. I know you will be great parents and will miss your posts and sense of humour! Hugs to all three of you Deb x

oops double post sorry!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

All the best to you, Megan and Noah

• esw1966
    esw1966
    everyone should aim to become an ex-ex jehovahs witness

That sounds like a GOOD place to be...

I wish you all the best! I'm sure you can do it!!! I hope you achieve all you are looking for and more!!!

Ethan

• esw1966
    esw1966

I wish you all the best! I'm sure you can do it!!! I hope you achieve all you are looking for and more!!!

Ethan

SORRY! my computer took FOREVER trying to post. I guess it accidentally posted 3x's....

Really Sorry about that!

• esw1966
    esw1966

Ethan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit