Setting a shopping mall booth for preaching? Is that the newest trend?

by divejunkie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander
    The dude that stands on the corner of Lake and State here in Chicago is there all the time. I have yet to see him talk to anyone. He just stands their like a magazine rack and holds the magazine up with one hand. Though, he always has his i-pod in his right ear. Clearly he is not actively seeking people out, but rather just taking the easy approach to "service".

I'm sure he was listening to kingdom melodies.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I don't know why they haven't hired professional marketing companies to air prime-time tv ads. They've got the money, and they've got a message.

• JK666
    JK666

It's all about easy time in service.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I've seen them at the airport and at the mall both. I was very shocked to see it the first time too. Then others told me it wasn't uncommon. It was bad enough going door to door when you knew most of the people weren't going to answer. At the mall and at the airport everyone would be looking at you like a freak show. How embarassing.

Sherry

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Several years ago, here in Tallahassee, I went to the flea market and yes, JWs had a booth. I skipped theirs--just didn't feel like debating. Haven't been in a long time, so don't know if they still are there.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how long it will be before the mall owners wise up and start kicking the Witlesses out of the mall with their Puketower and Asleep! literature. Some of them might just kick the Witlesses out altogether, just in case they needed to go back to Wal-Mart because they are too poor to go to better stores on their window-washing jobs. For sure, a short term gain for the cult; a long term loss for the person that they are using.

Not to mention how many shoppers will get pxxxed off and not go back. So the Witlesses are allowed at Wal-Mart; we are going to Target. The Witlesses are allowed at the mall, we will simply order online. I don't think too many customers are going to put up with this for long. Some might tolerate it for a while, so long as they do not get too aggressive in their need to recruit members. Others will not. And, the one time one set up at a store ever attempts to recapture me, I will find the store manager and make such a stink about the group set up to recruit people into a dangerous cult and prevent them from escaping, including reference to an apostate Web site or two, that I doubt that they will ever be allowed back in that store.

• tula
    tula
    I believe that some on this board have been successful in complaining to the walmarts and mall complexs about the j-dubs 'preaching'. If you demonstrate the negatives and dangers of their cult to the management levels of the walmart store or mall complex, then maybe they will decide to take away the space from the dubs.

People! We have got to be vocal. Or write letters to local management and send copy to corporate. Include info on "What the WBTS Teaches". Isn't there a short print out with that info somewhere?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

At my local Mall I saw it, I was kind of shocked by it and made my wife move away from them like if they were demons, ha ha ha they looked at me with a weird look.

• Quandry
    Quandry

My dad has been going to the local community college one morning a week for many years. His congregation has a table with literature in several languages. Their target audience seems to be the international student community.

Aren't you just tempted to go up and in a very loud voice, start talking about the DC talk against higher education? Or maybe ask them since they are at a college, do they encourage higher education for their young folks, and just watch them squirm?

Don't the ones setting up these booths see just a weeeeeee bit of hypocrisy here?

The nerve !!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit