Setting a shopping mall booth for preaching? Is that the newest trend?

by divejunkie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• divejunkie
    divejunkie

I saw it for the first time. In a very pricy shopping center in an upscale area, these two witnesses couples had a booth, very similar to those for cellphones, and they were trying to attract people to it and passing out magazines and other literature.

After the shock, I got to thinking:
    *Thing must REALLY be getting desperate
    *Are they still asking for donations? Because I don't see how they can justify the funding to pay for expensive mall floor space.
    *Is this a widespread trend nowadays or are those few doing it on their own?

Any comments?

• Highlander
    Highlander

I've yet to personally see this, but it has been going on for quite some time now. I've heard of j-dubs setting up camp at airports, malls, fairgrounds, etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's been the 'in' thing for the j-dubs to do for about 10 years or so.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Yes, I was rather stunned a few years ago to see a table with literature racks set up out in front of Wal-Mart. It was manned by two gents in suits, proudly displaying the WTS publications. Weird, but apparently not uncommon.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Never seen it before. Wow, they are getting desperate.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I saw them set up at the airport about 5 years ago. They may be getting the space for free, being a religion. I can't see them paying for it.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I sure don't want some JW's ruining my shopping experience. I wonder if the space is donated as a write off? I can think of alot of more worthy donations the mall could give, such as girl or boy scouts, advertising Pedophiles in organized religion, etc. Could you PM me the location of the mall, I shop in Frisco, Plano, Northpark, Galleria, Willowbend, and others. I am too outspoken for my own good. My mouth would probably open up too much, as I passed them.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Do they offer ear piercing services?

• ninja
    ninja

give it a couple of years and they'll be selling the big issue

• Tara
    Tara

Do they offer ear piercing services? LOL. Too funny!

• Highlander
    Highlander

I believe that some on this board have been successful in complaining to the walmarts and mall complexs about the j-dubs 'preaching'. If you demonstrate the negatives and dangers of their cult to the management levels of the walmart store or mall complex, then maybe they will decide to take away the space from the dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit