Do Muslems and Christains have the same God?

by Undecided 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Thanks Barry. I have benefited from our exchanges very much and feel I have reached a new level of understanding and respect for your thoughts and feelings, your perspective. I have also gone from feeling very upset by you to genuinely liking you. And, to be honest, I didn't think that was going to happen.

I hope we will all continue striving to live up to our ideals and will end up with something good to show for it.

~Merry

• White Dove
    White Dove

It seems to me that the Muslims have the same god as the Israelites did: kill everyone yourselves in the name of...whoever.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ok, I said that quite badly. I was referring to the extremists that hurt innocents and the Israelites who killed innocents, too. Sorry for coming across as a bigot, because I am not. Please forgive.

• steve2
    steve2

I think it is a convenient delusion to differentiate between seemingly different gods.

Jehovah and Allah both have their roots in the Old Testament (aka Hebrew Scriptures) and the stories abound about how both resorted to genocide as an acceptable means to a "holy" end.

Whether called 'Jehovah' or 'Allah': Same Monster different name.

• freyd
    freyd

Bishop warns that Muslims who convert risk being killed

Jamie Doward, home affairs
    editor The Observer http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2170160,00.html
    Sunday September 16, 2007

One of the Church of England's most senior bishops is warning that people will die unless Muslim leaders in Britain speak out in defence of the right to change faith.

Michael Nazir-Ali, the Bishop of Rochester, whose father converted from Islam to Christianity in Pakistan, says he is looking to Muslim leaders in Britain to 'uphold basic civil liberties, including the right for people to believe what they wish to believe and to even change their beliefs if they wish to do so'.

Some Islamic texts brand Muslims who convert to other faiths as 'apostates' and call for them to be punished. Seven of the world's 57 Islamic states - including Iran - impose the death penalty for conversion.

Now Ali, who some see as a potential Archbishop of Canterbury, has told Channel 4's Dispatches programme of his fears about the safety of the estimated 3,000 Muslims who have converted to other faiths in Britain.

'It is very common in the world today, including in this country, for people who have changed their faith, particularly from being Muslim to being Christian, to be ostracised, to lose their job, for their marriages to be dissolved, for children to be taken away,' Ali said. 'And this is why some leadership is necessary from Muslim leaders themselves to say that this is not what Islam teaches.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit