Do Muslems and Christains have the same God?

by Undecided 74 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hibiscusfire:

Muslims and Christians do not have the same God.

For starters ....Allah did not have a son. Jehovah God the Father has a Son ...our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

That alone can tell you the difference.

Next, Christians believe in the Trinity, muslims do not believe in anything like that.

You've got a point. The Muslim god, alone and unchanging is much more like YHWH, the god of the Old Testament than is the triune god invented by Christians. Jews and Muslims both reject the idea of their god having a son (and ludicrously, being his own son) so in that aspect at least the Christian god is quite different from the Muslim and Jewish gods, despite originating from the same source.

• steve2
    steve2

It is nonsense to say that Moslems have a different god than Christians. Hell, the Christian god, Jehovah, advocated genocide.

present-day fanatical Moslems are "merely" acting on their understanding of the word of God (Allah) exactly the same way Catholics did a few centuries ago: Convert by force or else be killed.

Call their god Jehovah or Allah or Lord, these god-creations have in common a murderous rage against humans who do not comply with their jealous demands.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

derek: (and ludicrously, being his own son)

So you think it is so comical? That is very insulting!!!!

Are you married? Marriaige is a sacred bond... a bond where the two become one.

Likewise, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are ONE. What is so hard to understand about this?

With God all things are possible. Even further I can tell you....as you stand as an individual male you can be:

1. A son

2. A brother

3. An uncle

4. A nephew

5. A husband

6. A father

7. A son in law

8. A brother in law

9. A father in law

10. A grandfather ..........and so one.....................................how many persons? All 10 are one.

hibiscusfire

• steve2
    steve2

Whether god is conceptualized as three-in-one or one or multiples thereof will always be an interesting exercise in who can come up with the most persuasive reasoning and who has the msot stamina to keep debating the issue.

Not so easily tossed aside is the Biblical record in which Jehovah seems to spend an inordinate amount of time expressing rage against humanity, and including in his destructive plans the killing of everyone living in a geographical area, right down to children and babies. in the past, Jehovah's passion for wiping out specific nationalities was simply accepted as Divine. Nowadays, it's called genocidal warfare and there is a different attitude to the murderous rage of ominpotent gods. Love of mankind, indeed!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    steve: Love of mankind, indeed!

As you think about the present state that the world is in today, that is, with all the crimes of murderers, assassinators, kidnappers, rapists, liars, thieves, and so on..... if you were God steve what would you do?

Honestly, what would you do right now?

hibiscusfire

• John Doe
    John Doe

If I were God, I would grab a few kegs, some strippers and other entertainment, and go down and throw one bad arsed party with everyone. ;-)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Anyone who can justify mass killings of large groups of people in any way, even if by God, has inherently evil thoughts. Serious law breakers are a relatively small segment of society.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hibiscusfire:

So you think it is so comical? That is very insulting!!!!

Unfortunately, one of the consequences of posting nonsense on a discussion board is that you will be ridiculed. If you are not comfortable dealing with that, then perhaps you should stop producing such drivel.

No I'm not, and no it isn't.

Likewise, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are ONE. What is so hard to understand about this?

It's inherently ridiculous as most Christians will acknowledge - although the word they use is "mystery".

Even further I can tell you....as you stand as an individual male you can be:

1. A son

2. A brother

[etc.]

Yes, but I can't be my own son, or my own brother. The idea's absurd. And while you can bleat that normal rules of logic don't apply to your god, it's just as absurd that a god can be any of those things, and when they are redefined as they are in the Trinity, they lose all meaning. Words that don't mean what they normally do expressing ridiculous relationships between imaginary beings. Comical? It's side-splitting!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

derek......

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his… But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 8:9-11

You will not understand like this because you are thinking out of the spirit.

and....

No I'm not, and no it isn't.

Marriage is indeed a sacred bond and the 2 become 1. Husband and wife work together to build their family and unite.

No wonder you are not married.

Love is the most important key. Without that love there is no bond. Do you intend to get married or do you just prefer to be funky all over the place? What does marriage mean to you?

hibiscusfire

• jgnat
    jgnat

Though I have faint hope that I will get reason out of this discussion, hibiscusfire, if the Muslims worship another god, how many gods do you think there are?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit