I'm Still Receiving Teaching Assignments......That's Odd.

by R.F. 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome aboard Idrnomo!

I too am relatively knew to the site and don't check in that regularly, however I can tell you that there are some very intelligent and interesting characters who post on this board. It will give you a valuable perspective if you are able to check in and read through some of the posting threads.

Excellent approach to your fade by the way! I am still in phase I of my departure, but I will no doubt enter phase II (where you are at now) within the next year or two. It is great having you here and I will look forward to future posts. I would love to hear about any instances where you have had success in causing an awakening in any of the JWs that you still associate with. As far as I can tell, you are in a great position to truly help people by freeing their minds from a dangerous cult.

Cheers!

The Oracle

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

.....first welcome ldrnomo......I love the name (leader no more?).....gooooood!

back to topic....

RF..I am sorry if I thought you were complaining...and I apologize if my 72pt RESIGN seemed overly harsh. I just hate to see them working you over. If I was there, I would pull those elders aside and tell them a few things....not busting you out or anything... just busting them out for not doing their job...either in shepherding or accepting your decisions.....

I still shake my head that they are giving any assignments, let alone teaching assignments to an MS that isn't even showing up anymore..... DOH!' (slaps head with palm)

I am just glad you are here. good to see a young up and coming Witness figure it out 17 years faster than I did.....

Snakes ()

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Welcome Idrnomo. I too was an elder and came to my conclusions through some amazing discoveries and realizations. The longer I am out, the more I can see just how indoctrinated I was.

RF, one thing I struggled with was the social aspect of it all. I left a lifetime of friends. I did it all at once. The reason I chose to handle it that way was knowing I was about to go into an emotional wilderness for a couple of years. At the end of it, I hope to be totally "clean" with no "tar" from my past. It isn't my intent to be an ex JW for the rest of my life. I want to live the rest of my life as a worldly person. They aren't nearly as evil or bad as portrayed....

Sounds like a fear of confrontation could be bothering you. If you have chosen the fade route, (a very honorable way to leave) just tell them you can't do it anymore. Be vague. Tell them emotionally it is too much while working, taking care of a family, etc...... That is the truth. As you fade, you will be astonished at how much more mental energy you will have by not doing the meetings 3 times a week, etc. And you won't have your impending "deletion" over your head....

All the best!

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I've had the same thing happen to me. It's like wtf? yeah give a talk in front of the congregation who hasn't seen me at a meeting in months so they can gossip about how I shouldn't be giving talks behind my back....yeah.

• monophonic
    monophonic

ldrnomo, great experience and awesome to have you here.

being in for 25 years and accepting your doubts that quickly....was it a smooth process or was there more inner turmoil? would love to hear more about your experience, as much as you can share without comprising your fade of course.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I look forward to being a part of this forum and sharing the experiences we have had and keeping the fine fight of the faith to preserve our Christian freedom.

ldrnomo, excellent advice to R.F. and great insight on your own situation. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I think what I should do is give this young jedi master back his thread and start a new one

• eclipse
    eclipse

I just read what your name says!

el' der no more

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit