How Many Here Got Depressed Once You Realized It Wasn't The "Truth"?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you extremely saddened or in despair once you realized you'd been duped???

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i was estatic. even though i always had doubts, i always had the what if they are right syndrome. after i figured they were full of it, my mind was at peace.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes, minimus.

Horribly sad and depressed.

In despair.

Broken-hearted.

Confused.

It's still hard sometimes.

• minimus
    minimus

Nvr, I'd never have guessed.

• John Doe
    John Doe

That's like asking if your shorts stink after you shat in them. ;-)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

It was hard to believe there was no pair o' dice coming. That kinda sucked for a while. Im over it now.

• minimus
    minimus

I never got depressed. As the years went by, I started figuring out it was all bull. But I never was in despair over it.

• oompa
    oompa

Minimus, I only hope everyone decides not to post here that was depresed when this was discovered. It has been two years for me, and unfortunately I only found this place a few months ago. I tried booze, therepy, and meds-and still use the meds. My whole little world is busted wide open, and unfortunatly virtually ALL of my family/friends are now like aliens to me,or I to them. It is like the Twilight Zone.

If not for the isolation thing, and feeling defrauded my whole life, I could probably be happy about the new freedom from fear.

nothing is the same....oompa

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Really, minimus?

I'm being sincere.

I've always been a joker, and always had a good time and pushed the envelope.

But deep down inside, in spite of doubts, i really hoped it was true.

Today I'm feeling pretty down.

• minimus
    minimus

OOMPA, it sounds like professional therapy could help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit