"I am leaving"

by DazedAndConfused 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I post 5 times less than I used to, so to a certain extent, I already left.

I'm like Babylone the Great that has fallen, although it's still there...hehe

• changeling
    changeling

Everybody has there own way.

Some get kicked out by the moderators.

Some feel the need to make a formal exit.

Some leave and never come back.

Some slowlly fade.

Some will always be here but maybe w/o the "zeal they once had".

Wow, sounds a lot like being a witness!!!!

changeling (no harm intended, just having a little fun)

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Being here around four years, I come and go. Im really surprised at how much posting is done by members who been here around a year or so, with thousands of posts. I cant imagine spending so much time here/on line. Maybe its me? But announcing your leaving? Who cares but the people you actively engage here?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

dazed, thank you for this post. i wasn't hurt by some of the negative comments. 2 reasons.

1. i have thick skin

2. the love shown to me by others overshadowed those comments. those are also the comments that made me realise what i actually do here.

i'm really not trying to toot my own horn, but, i received alot of e-mails asking me to stay. the reason i say this is, i really didn't think people cared that much about me. i hope others can learn from my experience. everyone is needed here. the varying viewpoints help people see all sides of an issue.

i also know, in my case, i didn't say goodbye to get attention. i wanted everyone to know my intentions, and give them the opportunity to stay in touch. i couldn't believe the phone calls, and e-mails i got. i have since had several awesome conversations with a few people here. we wound up staying on the phone for over an hour. i didn't want to hang up, but, we all had stuff to do.

thank you guys for your support and love. and anyone that feels unwanted, or unneeded, or persacuted here, please know it's not as bad as all that.

we all have a common bond noone else can understand. we are all completly different, but, our experiences binds us in love.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    we all have a common bond noone else can understand. we are all completly different, but, our experiences binds us in love.

That's profound.

Welcome back !

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

If I see a good bye thread, I will likely comment asking that person to stay.

Whether they go or stay is up to them, but I put my oar in saying that somebody cares.

As for being hurt by what someone says on the board, nobody has said anything harsh to me as yet, but I think it might start soon.

Oh well, I think what I think, believe what I believe, and say what I say, and expect SOME level of disagreement.

Big, I am glad you are staying.

Just for the record, if I missed your goodbye or anyone else's, I am rather sporadic on my pc use and prolly missed it.

I doubt I will ever post a goodbye, I'll likely either fade away, or just drop dead on my keyboard.

isn't THAT cheery?

RD

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

That's profound.

Welcome back !

Enuff said.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I don't think good-bye threads are dramatic or people looking for drama. I think over time you do form a bond to certain posters, if you are lucky, lots of other posters. It really wouldn't be fair to just drop out on your friends, and one post is a lot easier than a lot of PMs.

Some need the closure, they need to say, I needed this place and I grew here but now I need to move on. Its healing to state that truth and let others hear it.

I don't see the need for sarcasm or rudeness about it, the fact that others think thats necessary makes me think they may have a little self esteem issue of their own or anger issues or abandonment issues. The good-byes aren't posted for their benefit anyway.

Sherry

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

gretchen, i don't know about anyone else, but, when i was going, i wanted to tell my friends goodbye. why is that such an issue with people? i was ready to move on. i didn't do anything dramatic, or say, woe is me. i was ready to go, and wanted to say so. just like i tell friends in real life goodbye. i don't have self esteem issues. anyone that knows me can attest to that.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

btw, i was just responding to your post. when i re-read what i wrote, it seems like i'm disagreeing with you. sorry. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit