Japan closes 638 Congregations!!!!! Why???

by Witness 007 67 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Our C. Oversear once said In Japan during his visit for the Watchtower study, the whole Cong. puts their hand up, the Elder asked whoevers given more then one answer, hands down,please. Not so now.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey SNG - long time no here from - welcome back

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Speaking of the Internet...does any one know if there are ex-JW boards like JWD there ?

Information & knowledge is the power that will knock the Towers down.

Long live the 'Net !

Rabbit

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

What stilla said.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

LOL at Clam's Godzilla post. (You now know that somebody liked it.)

I agree with the internet availability theory, but want to add that Japan is a huge
    trend place. They love to be into the latest trend there. The WT trend of way
    back when captured some recruits, but that trend is dead. No new recruits.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey Stilla!

I don't post much anymore, but I check in every now and then. Good to see you!

SNG

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

There was a significant trend in Japan regarding knowing something about the "Bible". It was cool among the younger generation back in the late 80's through the mid-90's. Some studied during high school or college and eventually got baptized. The children of JWs continued to flourish at that time because they were the cutting edge among their unbelieving peers at school since they already knew the concept of the Holy Scriptures called the Bible.

This trend has been dying off now and has been for the last several years, just like any trend. True, now in Japan, there are young folk wearing a cross on a chain around their neck or even have one tatooed somewhere on their body. Perhaps cross earrings. But no interest in Christianity. The cross symbol is now a trend. That too will fade away.

The future of JWs in Japan is definitely bleak!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

My theory is that they started using the Internet!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Gregor
    Gregor

I think Jim_TX and SNG have good points. The younger generation is not going with the program, especially males. Whatever the reason, it is a fascinating statistic.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey SNG! Good to hear from you!

I agree with the lack of men, technology and education ideas. I've been following and discussing this trend online for nearly a decade, and it always comes down to that.

I remember Bethel's Fred Rusk telling me about his trips to Japan in the 1980s to set up and train blood liason committees, and he remarked how efficient, intelligent and obedient the Japanese were. This was in the middle of that time when Japan and S.Korea were setting new growth records every month, with much of that growth coming from women. That ended, and there has been a leveling off and steady decline since the mid-1990s.

I'd add that the doctrine changes of the mid-90s, especially the 1914 generation change, created a turning point in WTS growth. It coincided with the advent of the Internet and its quick adoption by questioning Witnesses worldwide to discuss problems in the WTS.

That resulted in no-growth and then a decline in most of Europe, Japan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US - all countries where everyone has access to the Net. I know I was really disturbed by the 1914 generation thing, and when I found the Internet and ex-JW sites accessible from the local library, I was on my way out real fast! There are lots of us here like that.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit