Ramblings and Questions of a tired Apostate

by horrible life 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Bible....fantasy...... God....at least the human view of God...fantasy. Belief that god wants humans to worship it?.... fantasy. Belief that god will destroy us if we dont....fantasy

Amen Snakes!!!

nj

• Mum
    Mum

I like what Walt Whitman had to say:

I think I could turn and live with animals, they are so placid and self-contained,

I stand and look at them long and long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition,

They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,

They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,

Not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the mania of owning things,

Not one kneels to another, nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,

Not one is respectable or unhappy over the whole earth.

Regards,

SandraC

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Ramble on!

• arker
    arker

When you think of a parent who has a misbehaved child. It is normal as they grow to feel they "know better than their parent. Does a good parent continue to let the child make bad choices and say " since you think you know it all lets just let you continue and see who's right?"

NO they correct them right a way and show them they are young and inexperienced. It is a normal life lesson growing up. So why would a god not do that for Satan, and Adam and Eve. Why would he say " fine Satan, we will let this go on and hurt billions of people for thousands of years just to prove I'm smarter and right."

Does this make sense? Doesn't common sense say that if it was a true story that god would of corrected Satan and Adam and Eve in the beginning of their error just as a parent would. If god's best attribute is love wouldn't love make him fix it then instead of letting harm come to all people for such a long period of time?

• choosing life
    choosing life

There are times while growing up that siblings get into disagreements. As a parent, sometimes I would watch a while and give them a chance to settle it by themselves. But if one child went to the point of attempting to physically harm another, that is when I stepped in. That was not allowed.

So, why would God allow a stronger, more experienced creature cause harm to his inexperienced and vulnerable creatures? Satan has been allowed not only to harm Adam and Eve, but billions of others. Make sense? Not to me.

Purps is right that it is a people problem. as we choose to continue on in the insanity on this earth today. We need to do better.

• zack
    zack

When you REALLY think about it, it all sounds so silly, so illogical.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

there, there, H.L. It was all just a nightmare and it's over now. Come over to my house for some iced tea and coffee cake and we'll talk about something else. There's no such thing as ghosties and goblins and jehovahs.

• Perry
    Perry

God could have directly made beings with moral knowledge. He did that and got a big rebellion in heaven with a third turning evil.

He could have made self replicating beings without moral knowledge and "see" what happens. He did that and the rebellion simply spread to them as well. In this race, (us) something died back in Eden that prohibits us from commanding the characters that most of us desire and that almost all of us require of others. This separates us from God's family, thus he is not responsible for Adam's family.....even though he does adopt many.

He could create beings without the possibility of them doing evil. I don' t know of anyone who thinks that a world that has the impossibility of evil could be considered free.

He could look the other way when moral beings do evil and harm others. However, this doesn't seem very just when the weaker is abused by the stronger. The stronger may agree with this position but this leaves the weaker out in the cold. Not withstanding, some will still say that God should just forget about it and leave them alone for their short duration here. Jesus indicated that a person could escape judgement by never judging others. Sounds like a fair deal for those who want to live without God. Once a person starts judging others though, then he's on the hook morally to be judged by the Almighty by the measuring line that he measures others by..... at the very least.

If not, then God could not be said to be just. Thinking in terms of God not being just, is to think in terms of the bachelor's wife.

I always end up at the foot of the cross when I think this through.

That is why Christ is said to have been slain from the founding of the world, not just 2000 years ago. The Alpha and the Omega saw it all in advance.

The way I see it, there is one other option I haven't mentioned. God could have decided to create nothing. Many will find this a sufficient reason to blame God. When I add it up.... it is not sufficient for me with just what I know.

I have faith that in the end, a higher purpose will outweigh the bad. Since I can't see the end, I can't know for sure though. My only other alternative though to make sense of it all....is non-existence.

Many a philosopher took this way out.

For me, I took the deal offered while it was still on the table. It's worked out great so far. Looking back, I don't know why I resisted God so much for all those years.

These are just some of my ramblings too :-)

• Dagney
    Dagney
    God owes us nothing but judgement because he is just and we are not.

Could've fooled me.

• Dagney
    Dagney

IF humanity was created by a Supreme Being who was essentially good wouldn't this be the best of all possible worlds?

Both Adam and Eve lacked what they desired most. How is that the best of all possible worlds?

Wouldn't it be necessary at a minimum that the nature of humanity exactly match their limits?

In other words, if what was demanded of humanity exceeded their nature would that not guarantee their downfall?

I call the story of Biblical man the "Great Experiment gone wrong." They were doomed to fail.

Well stated; I've never been able to quite put the words together as well as you did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit