Ramblings and Questions of a tired Apostate

by horrible life 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

May I suggest googling two terms:

Operational Science

Accuracy of the Bible

There is also an interesting Major Hollywood Picture being released soon dealing with the nature of modern science here:

www.expelledthemovie.com

As far as understanding suffering, sin, evil, etc; I don't think anything makes sense until a person understands that we are not children of God, we are children of Adam like the bible says. God owes us nothing but judgement because he is just and we are not.

Since we are not in God's family, we are left to our own devices. We are a throw away world.... a total write off.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

LOL

If god owes us nothing, then we are even. I don't owe him anything either.

• fresia
    fresia

If you knew peggy sue.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    May I suggest googling two terms: Operational science accuracy of the bible As far as understanding suffering, sin, evil etc. I don't think anything makes sense until a person understands that we are not children of God, we are children of Adam like the bible says. God owes us nothing but judgement because he is just and we are not. Since we are not in God's family, we are left to our own devices. We are a throw away world.... a total write off.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine, Perry.

I bet you believe that you are the only one deserving to be spared God's wrath on judgement day

and will gain your fine reward in heaven where you, a perfectly sinless human male deserve to be.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

horrible life

have i ever told you how much i love your avatar???

purps

• Terry
    Terry

IF humanity was created by a Supreme Being who was essentially good wouldn't this be the best of all possible worlds?

Both Adam and Eve lacked what they desired most. How is that the best of all possible worlds?

Wouldn't it be necessary at a minimum that the nature of humanity exactly match their limits?

In other words, if what was demanded of humanity exceeded their nature would that not guarantee their downfall?

Stated still another way; how can man desire unless he lacks what he desires? The desire and the lack were built-in, were they not?

Adam was not equal to God. Eve was not either.

Adam did not have knowledge of "good" and "evil". Eve did not either.

The desire to be like God and to know what their heavenly father knew was mismatched by the restraints placed upon them.

It was not the best of all possible worlds. It was built to fail.

Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome: endangering your children so that you can rescue them.

God's psychology was aberrant and the result is the world we have.

If God were dysfunctional psychologically; this IS the best of all possible worlds from such a creator!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's really not a god thing.......its a people thing, its nature.

I think we are still trying to make sense out of sickness, wickedness, and death.

Shit happens. If anything we have all the tools we need to stop all this and I believe that within time we will.

Blaming God is a crutch

purps

• BFD
    BFD
    God owes us nothing but judgement because he is just and we are not.

WTF? Perry this is the most ridiculous comment I have ever seen here.

If god owes us nothing why should I pray for his kingdom to come?

BFD

• Open mind
    Open mind

BFD:

If god owes us nothing why should I pray for his kingdom to come?

I see you haven't had your GUILT pill yet today, BFD!

Buy into the guilt and it all makes sense. (Sort of. Yuck.)

Open Mind

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

to Shawn10538:

can I get an Amen here?! AMEN

Bible....fantasy...... God....at least the human view of God...fantasy. Belief that god wants humans to worship it?.... fantasy. Belief that god will destroy us if we dont....fantasy

Its why I quit praying a long time before the fade (well, except public "Meeting" prayers...blecch). I do believe that something out there created us and I express my gratitude everyday by trying to leave as small an imprint on the creation as I possibly can and still enjoy being a human being. I think that the Someone created the earth and all in it and has either moved on to another project in the universe(s) or is sitting back humorously watching us. (much like we watch ants)

Either way horrible life....the Bible is nothing but the ramblings and fantasies compiled by a bunch of (probably) men with too much time on their hands and co-opted by other men who wanted more power and established/used religion to get it and control others. And no, I dont think "god" intended for humans to worship it or have us go to 5 meetings 3 days a week and door knocking at least 1 of the other days and all that JW crap.... and I am quickly getting out of that routine... yeah for fading.....

Nice post horrible life....and nice reply there Shawn10538...gets the mental juices rolling early in the morn.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "living life...nearly to the full now" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit