What is concept of worship? Why would God want it so bad? I don't get it.

by oompa 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eclipse
    eclipse

duplicate

• horrible life
    horrible life
    Why worship god? Don't we applaud when we hear a great performance? Don't we appreciate what our mother does for us? Making sure we get fed and are kept clean? Don't we appreciate what she does for us? Doesn't she deserve our obedience while she's raising us?

The performers come out, we applaud, we all leave. Thank you, it was great. We don't stay there all night, clapping, and whistling, and the actors go home. They do another play. Different audience.

I haven't seen anything new coming my way. Same ole crap. He must be playing to a new audience. I guess I should stand up, and keep clapping, and humming, "Do it to me one more time, once is never enough". But Elvis has left the building. Why am I still standing?

And as far as mothers go, fed and clean???? All she has done for me??? Don't get me started on that old story again.

• fresia
    fresia

The GB and man made God are the same.

The creator is not the God of man.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Because God is a mean, selfish tyrant that loves to make His creatures suffer needlessly just to make Himself look like a hero when He gives partial relief much too late for it to do any real good. And, when He thinks He can get away with not giving any relief at all (or even making it even worse out of spite and contempt), He will do just that--nothing, or worse.

And yet we are supposed to be spending all our time screeching around at 160 MPH proclaiming how wonderful this Monster is. We are supposed to proclaim, not our actual experiences, but a few that He Himself hand-picked and then used as showcases. All the good God has ever done, for all 6.5 billion people, can fit into some 1,600 pages. And yet God, who finished doing any good more than 1900 years ago, still wants and demands, under initiatory threat of giving us even worse conditions, hellfire, and/or destruction, more praise for outdated acts!

When God starts actually doing me good that cannot be attributed to myself, human imperfection, Satan, or blind chance that exceeds the harm He has already caused me and then PROVES that He means to continue, and that it can never again be taken away, then and only then will I stop bashing Him and start giving Him praise. Until then, that almighty low-life scumbag Tyrant deserves nothing more than the worst bashing and embarrassment that I can dish out. And double for His being greedy.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No real god of any kind would be interested in worship.

Worship is for the worshipper.

It gives hope, albeit false.

Gives a sense of superiority over others, specifically, the non-worshippers as well as the less enthusiastic worshippers.

None of it is reality-based.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Well, not knowing how old you are if you had children and was a wonderful provider for them would you not want them to admire you for all that you freely gave them, life its self, even more so with God.

Define: To honor and love as a deity.To regard with ardent or adoring esteem.

• glorify
    • relish
    • revel in
    • dote upon
    • love
    • be infatuated with
    • loathe (antonym)
    • despise (antonym)
    • abhor (antonym)
    • hate (antonym)
    5. (v.) To honor or keep alive the memory of:
    • memorialize
    • eulogize
    • celebrate
    • commemorate
    • solemnize
    • observe
    • glorify
    • remember
    • salute
    • keep
    6. (v.) To honor in religious worship:
    • glorify
    • apotheosize
    • adore
    • bless
    • celebrate
    • extol
    • hallow
    • laud
    • praise
    • reverence
    • desecrate (antonym)
    • profane (antonym)
    • defile (antonym)
    7. (v.) To regard with great awe and devotion:
    • idolize
    • revere
    • reverence
    • venerate
    • despise (antonym)
    • scorn (antonym)
    • disdain (antonym)

• JCanon
    JCanon

No real god of any kind would be interested in worship.

Worship is for the worshipper.

It gives hope, albeit false.

Gives a sense of superiority over others, specifically, the non-worshippers as well as the less enthusiastic worshippers.

None of it is reality-based.

Well, I don't mind worshipping god or getting worshipped. And I don't mind throwing ungrateful creatures into the lake of fire who are too slow getting on their knees. Bottom line, Jesus and the faithful angels made it easy for God to get rid of all those who don't think god is worthy of worship. You see, they voluntarily accepted to be part of a termination of all living. That is, god made everything like the animals, with a limited lifespan. So it doesn't matter. Those who have an opinion that God doesn't deserve worship don't have to. Everybody will die anyway when their time is up. Some think God is cruel, but what do you have without him? 70 or 80 years, maybe, if you don't get cancer? People were going to die anyway. So basically if God let's people live out their 80 years and die of old age, there is no issue, is there? Thing is, death by old age is still murder because it was brought about by Satan. So God just may bring everybody back from the dead who died early and let them live out the rest of their 80 years. No harm, no foul. Who is to complain? The righteous will die to, voluntarily. Of course, if God wants to, he can bring back whomever he wants. Maybe he'll bring back those who are willing to worship him first. Don't know if he'll ever get around to those who are too arrogant and dumb to save their own souls. It's a WONDERFUL plan, I love it! JC

• JCanon
    JCanon
    And yet we are supposed to be spending all our time screeching around at 160 MPH proclaiming how wonderful this Monster is.

You don't have to. God won't force you. You can live out your 80 years and then "retire." God made man free moral agents, the angels too. They have a choice, a temporary life to do with as they will. So enjoy worshipping yourself while your time lasts. You will die being righteously indignant. All is well in the universe in the end.

JC

• JCanon
    JCanon

You know, it is interesting, because God steps out of the picture as far as direct worship goes and exercises his right to demand obedience from his creatures that he created. Thus out of respect for Christ since he died for the sins of Adam to save mankind, he requires them to bow down and worship him. Further, he requires all the angels to worship him to, as god. Anybody who doesn't, will be put to death. That's God's policy. But he's God, he gives life, which is a gift. No one has a RIGHT TO LIFE. So basically, those who appreciate their gift of life gladly worship God, and as he arranged, his Christ. Those who are too ungrateful for their lives, those lives will be extinguished, because they are worthless anyway.

JC

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

But what mother or father, who is supposed to be loving, KILLS their children,

or their children's children, simply for being disobedient and imperfect?

Human parents are more forgiving. Human parents have a higher morality than god does, because killing is wrong.

Prove me wrong.

If my child were to become disobedient and disregard certain laws , like say murder. I woudn't be

posting bail or trying to repeal the death penalty.

I think worship has been ruined by organized religion, it is forced.

Remember at the meetings brothers and sisters commenting "oohhhhh, we don't have to go to the meetings we want to go".

rrrring rrrring "umm yes the meeting has been canceled because of inclimate weather" "oh, ok see you next meeting click"

Ya hooooooo yipeeeee a night off or aaaaahhhh lets stay up late and sleep in tommorrow.

The good old days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit