What is concept of worship? Why would God want it so bad? I don't get it.

by oompa 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oompa
    oompa

That pretty much says it all, but I just dont get why God so Craves Worship. What is he really getting out of it??? But he wants it so much that if he can't get it, he will whack you out forever.

never felt like worshiping God but say thanks for great sunsets.....oompa

• changeling
    changeling

I've written about that on here before.

If god is our father and he is loving, why does he ask so much? Do you want your kids to worship you, to hang on your every word, to keep you constantly in mind? Hell no! That would be sick!

I've come to the conclusion that man created god and the concept of worship. I kow think these concepts are total baloney and want nothing to do with them.

changeling

• Gopher
    Gopher

Because the men who claim to represent sky-daddy need authority.

If God is/was real, he would be so much higher and more powerful than his creatures and would be secure enough without constant reassurance that these tiny creatures have adoration for him.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I have wondered this for quite awhile now. Especially in the morning getting dressed for work. I listen to the small town news, on the local radio station. Then I get to listen to Brother Doug, of the 1st Baptist Church, for 5 minutes. He has some pretty good messages sometimes, I really like the Paul Harvey type stories he does at times. Feel good stories.

At other times, he will start in on the "Love God" "Worship him" "Honor him" .................. I find myself rolling my eyes, and thinking how egotistical he is, and if you don't just fall all over yourself, telling him how great he is, he will smite your ASS.

I really want to believe. I just find it so damn hard.

• nowisee
    nowisee

what if we function best as humans, and are happiest, if we worship or revere something greater outside of ourselves, i.e. God?

• Gopher
    Gopher
    what if we function best as humans, and are happiest, if we worship or revere something greater outside of ourselves, i.e. God?

Do you mean this universally? Like when extreme militant Muslims praise Allah before they perform a suicide bombing? Like when religiouis people are urged by their leaders to go kill their enemies in the name of God (see WW1, WW2, Catholic-Protestant troubles in Ireland, Crusades, Arab-Israeli warfare, etc. ad nauseum)? Or like when billions of people call out to God for relief from human suffering and injustice, and get no answer? Is that happy and healty? If some people need a daddy in the sky in order to function, then I guess to each their own. Except if their sky daddy is telling them to go murder non-believers.

• fresia
    fresia

He doesn't want to be worshiped the way that man says he does, that is the whole evilness of religion, it is man with the devil that created religion, and the concept of a selfish longing to be worshiped and adored God. God went along with all this that man needed for power and control as Satan is ruler of this planet until God says enough, religion and the man made God worship ego thing is all part of it.

Until we come to the oneness that is God through nature and spiritual mind which Jesus taught, ultimate respect for the creator without the worldly ego worship thing, and the unity of creation through love and oneness that is God and all he requires is to respect and obey those laws of love and unity for the benifit of all including himself. God is Love.

• ringo5
    ringo5

Put Yourself in god's shoes - your busy putting together a far away galaxy, and you're constantly being bothered. By what? Here is this one particular needy species that you created, that is really starting to get on your nerves .

Millions of them seem to find it necessary to harass you, sometimes numerous times through the day, just to say how great you are, as if you really need to hear that again.

More often than not, it is also to inquire about some mundane detail of their insanely short lives. This in spite of the fact that you've already told them their lives will be filled with trouble and hardship.

Why don't they quick bugging you, and put a little thought and effort into making their lives and the lives of those around them better? Perhaps they'll learn something in the process....

• JCanon
    JCanon

I've written about that on here before.

If god is our father and he is loving, why does he ask so much? Do you want your kids to worship you, to hang on your every word, to keep you constantly in mind? Hell no! That would be sick!

I've come to the conclusion that man created god and the concept of worship. I kow think these concepts are total baloney and want nothing to do with them.

changeling

Why worship god? Don't we applaud when we hear a great performance? Don't we appreciate what our mother does for us? Making sure we get fed and are kept clean? Don't we appreciate what she does for us? Doesn't she deserve our obedience while she's raising us? Why are parents so demanding!!! JC

• eclipse
    eclipse

But what mother or father, who is supposed to be loving, KILLS their children,

or their children's children, simply for being disobedient and imperfect?

Human parents are more forgiving. Human parents have a higher morality than god does, because killing is wrong.

Prove me wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit