Book: Captives of a Concept-... Illusionary Concept That Holds JW's Captive

by Lady Liberty 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Lady,I read it a couple of years ago and have been directing people's attention to it every chance I get. It's a keeper and will never go out of stlye. It's spot on and anyone with common sense and reasonableness can't help but come to the same conclusions as it's author, Don Cameron. Thanks again Don !

Blueblades

• Terry
    Terry

All of the nice comments about the book makes even me want to read it. And I'm the one who wrote it!

Thanks,

Don Cameron

It makes the only important points worth making.

Some many debunking books about JW's flail around pitting doctrine against doctrine instead of holding the JW's to THEIR OWN standard and demonstrating the failure!

The rub is this. Knowing how to use it to the best benefit.

Unless the casual reader does more than merely understand the arguments they'll not be effective in using it to pry JW's away from their self-mythology.

A follow up book which demonstrates a praxis would be most helpful.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

mark for later

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sounds like a brilliant read - I hope that it helps many, many people.

Btw.. I remember seeing a reprint of the very first Watchtower once. I recall thinking and saying what a pity it was that the opening statement in the inaugural magazine was totally wrong..It stated (in 1879) that Christ had already returned. Funny how I still carried on believing the Org, though.

• carla
    carla

I loved it! I always suggest this book. Easy to understand for a non jw too.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday!!

Don Cameron (the author of the book) just PMed me, and said that the best place to get the book is www.captivesofaconcept.com as it has current information added to it..like the September KM..showing the Watchtowers dsperate attempt to control what JWs are reading. Anyhow..just thought you may want your own copy with the newest Watchtower BS in it.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

whoah, updated?

SWEET!

I'll have to go do that.

A five buck pdf download is a heck of a deal.

If I could shake the war dept loose of twenty bucks, I'd do a paper one.

Don! thank you so much for writing that awesome book!

RD

• ninja
    ninja

this is my favourite book of all to help witnesses see the illusion they are under

• ninja
    ninja

p.s Don could you autograph my 2 copies?........muhahahaha.....ninja

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

i just ordered me a copy, pdf file

thanks

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit