Good Evening Everyone,
Just started reading the book by Don Cameron a former Elder called Captives of a Concept-Understanding the Illusionary Concept That Holds Jehovahs Witnesses Captive. Holy Cow! This is another awesome book that is easy to read and understand, but is full of valuable information and reasoning points that could help us get some of our loved ones out! It is not a bashing book, but it is written in the same manner as COC, a examination of the facts. Here are a few points from the first couple of chapters that will give you a taste of the book:
1. It is not necessary to disagree with their interpretation of Matthew 24:45-47. It is necessary to understand it, and then hold them to it.
2. The most important point in Watchtower history is their teaching that Jesus appointed them over all his earthly intrests in the spring of 1919.
3. It is evident that Jesus would not have made a decision in 1919 based upon what the Society is teaching today.
4. The only way to know if the Watchtower Society is God's organization today is to examine the same teachings they say Jesus examined in 1918-1919.
5. What the Society is doing or teaching today would not have entered into Jesus decision in 1919.
6. The standards used to judge the Society's teachings are the same ones they use to judge everyone else.
7. If Jesus Second Coming began in 1914 it means that neither Russell or Rutherford ever knew it. According to the Proclaimers book the date for Jesus Second Coming was not changed to 1914 until the year following Rutherfords death. Rutherford died in 1942.
8. According to what they teach today, for thirty five years (1879 to1914) their magazine announced that Jesus was present when he wasn't. The title of the Watchtower magazine was "The Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Presence".
9.If Jesus arrived in 1914 he would have had to knock for 29 years since they didn't realize he returned in 1914 until 1943.
10. The Society's interpretation of Matthew 24:45-47 and what went on in their history do not agree.
11. They had not been "faithful" by waiting for God to reveal the date of Christ's Second Coming. And they had not been "discreet" when they announced the wrong date not only down till 1919 but all the way down till 1943. (67 years).
This really is a book you can't hardly put down. Have any of you read it yet?? What did you think of it??