My story- Here goes!

by Younglove1999 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thank you for sharing your story.. you will get a lot of support here and also people who understand where are you are coming from..

Congrats on you and hubby breaking free out of the box..

I wondered.. now that you see the hypocrasy in it all.. have you brought your sister back into your life?

• PEC
    PEC

Younglove1999, thanks for sharing, welcome to JWD.

Philip

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Thanks for sharing "your story". It amazes me how many people raised in it, just went along with it.

It's good you started thinking for yourselves and your future...

Codeblue

• jgnat
    jgnat

Great story, thank you for sharing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome and thanks for your story

• anewme
    anewme

Welcome Younglove! Great story so far! Really glad for the both of you!
    Get that husband of yours to come on board too!

You wont be sorry for the steps you are taking for your freedom.

Anewme

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome Younglove and hubby!!!!! I am thanking you for your daughter's sake that you decided to think of her life, and not just staying in a religion to keep your friends and family.

I also left with my three daughters for the same reason. I wanted my girls to have an education, and express to me anything and everything they felt. My ex JW elder husband was already looking for an appropriate husband for my 12 year old when I deceided enough was enough. Just to let you know it was difficult, but would not have changed my decision at all. All three of my daughter's are college educated, but more then that they are loving, nonjudgmental young adults. They also recognize that the JW religion is a cult.

Good luck keep coming back!

• anewme
    anewme

Oh yes, what about your sister? Sassy asked you have you revisited the situation with her yet?
    Have you spoken to her? Have you asked for her forgiveness? It would be wonderful if the two sisters could reunite!
    What a glorious Christmas this will be in your family!

Anewme

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

thank you so much everyone for the replies-

it really means alot. It's funny because I just found this forum this past week and I'm amazed, and relieved, to find so many feel the same way I do. In fac, it just cements that what i feel is real and not the result of being "influenced" or whatever. I truly have felt an enormous weight lifted off and my husband and I feel even more close than ever before.

in one of our conversations I said to my hsuband "what if our marriage falls apart because we're not going to meetings?" of course still thinking we needed that "threefold" to survive. My husband put it perfectly. He said "we never had a family study, we rarely made it out in service. We "shunned" the holy spirit years ago and we've been just fine. We're together because we love each other and just because we leave the organization doesn't mean all of a sudden our morals and values change. We're still committed to each other" So yeah, I'm truly grateful that we see eye to eye and we no longer have to hide anything from each other.

I have gotten in touch with my sister. She's across the country, but we're slowly restoring what was lost for so long.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

Thanks again for all the replies

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome and thaks for sharing!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit