Describe How A Jehovah's Witness Thinks

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Good answer, VM44!

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

With the thought-crimes, show-trials, purges, and labor camps ruled by an elite class all that is missing are the gulags. Being a witness was like living under communism.

• JK666
    JK666

They reject freedom of choice, and want freedom FROM choice!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Why wonder? We are all witnesses at some point, can't we just remember how we used to think?

Personally I always had doubts, when someone was sick or dying, I would hope that we actually had it right and that the person's transition to paradise would be instant in their perception. Cases of death were always a great challenge to my faith.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Since I am out of the mindset and wasn't so great when I was in, I'll have to think...

This is just one thing I can think of: they don't understand what boundaries are. They think that everywhere they are is like the hall with their stupid 'onward christian soldiers' attitude. They can be in a secular workplace with other JWs and even ex-JWs and think they can behave like they are in a congregation setting - but they are not. For instance, they may have a problem behaving in a businesslike manner when dealing with the ex-JW with regards to their 'shunning' routine and this may interfere with business. This nonsense has no place on a job but should be reserved for the shopping mall.

They also try to overstep their boundaries when dealing with single women and she has to be very firm with them. They are like dogs that will try to jump up on the furniture and need to be slapped down!

LHG

• changeling
    changeling

They don't think, they do.

changeling

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

JWs are all Individuals. Not all agree with the Watchtower..

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I cant imagine what drives this new breed. The must be as smart as a box of Rocks. I had aremegedon driving me. It wasnt all it was cracked up to be.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    can't we just remember how we used to think?

I know I'm not a Jdub anymore because I can't remember how I used to think! So I'm not very useful to this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit