Describe How A Jehovah's Witness Thinks

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

I believe they let the WTS do their thinking for them, and with that said, If a thought crosses their mind that conflicts with the WBS POV then they think well I don't want to run ahead of the organization, so I'll understand it in Jehovah's own time.

#1 they don't think that the WTS is pulling the wool over their eyes total dependence on what the WTS opinion.

#Lack of criticle thinking is rampant in the Org.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....Crazy EyesDancing In A CircleAll PraisePenguin 4Penguin 4Penguin 4..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Since their minds are captive to a concept, they think about that concept all the time. That concept keeps them going. Whatever the subject matter under discussion, it is the concept that guides their thinking. It all falls back on the concept that has captured their minds.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

They believe everyone's out to get them, to persecute them. And they believe that if they aren't persecuted, something's wrong with them! WTF?

• minimus
    minimus

Witness thinking is abnormal. They have to be told what "Mother" tells them to do. They can't think outside of the box. Critical thinking is satanic. Since "Mother knows best", they feel no need to look elsewhere. Besides, where would they go?? JWs think of the scripture that they love to misquote. Jesus was saying only HE, not the Organization was the means to salvation.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

here:

alt

• cara dulce
    cara dulce
    they don't know, they have to look it up(do research).

Isn't their idea of "research" writing or calling the WTS for the answer?

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I think JWs think all the same things as non jw's, just like liberals and conservatives think the same stuff underneath it all.

Everyone seeks validation of their worldview and advancement within it. The filter may change from person to person, but it doesn't change the motivation.

The JW filter is one of the more pervasive ways to see the world, and influences more of a JWs life than most others, but has an advantage in that its almost self-maintaining.

There is perversity in the worldview that rejoices in calamity and measures success by misery.

Getting dumped on? It means you're doing it right!

Bad juju going down? could be the Big A, the ultimate validation... billions fed to the birds.... w00t.

Everyone thinks the same basic thoughts, we all just pass them through different filters is all.

Roller (of the 'reverse-osmosis mental filter' sheep class)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Like the Borg on Startrek; "We are the Borg resistence is futile...your mind will be assimulated...my designation is 7 of 9..." Instead of a black cube ship it's a Watchtower.

2. Like in The Matrix Neo can chose to be a battery being used in the Organisation, living in a dream, or he can break free into the bleak reality. The men in black suits are the Elders. I think some of you apostates wish you did'nt take the "red pill."

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    To my knowledge JWs are not permitted to think.

Exactly!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit