GOOD NEWS! Scientists to create human/animal embryos for research in the UK

by nicolaou 60 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Caedes
    Caedes

DD,

Please, define "a human".

Buy a dictionary! What am I? Your skivvy? If you want to make a point feel free to do so.

I know what a human is,you know what one is, so let's leave the semantics out of it.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Ceades

I know what a human is,you know what one is

I guess I've made my point then.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Only a fool transgresses these boundaries without first considering the ethical implications.

BTS

• Caedes
    Caedes

DD,

So what was your point? That you think it is murder to harvest those cells?

I assume then that you would not wish to benefit from any treatments obtained using this research method.

BTS

The ethical implications have been considered. The experiments are to be regulated.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The ethical implications have been considered. The experiments are to be regulated.

Drs Mengele and Wirths experimentation was also regulated.

Truly, the pursuit of scientific knowledge has become a God in its own right.

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Ceades

So what was your point? That you think it is murder to harvest those cells?

I assume then that you would not wish to benefit from any treatments obtained using this research method.

I guess you think killing stopping from developing for personal gain would be OK?

• Caedes
    Caedes

BTS

Do you really need me to point out why that isn't a good argument?

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I guess you think killing stopping from developing for personal gain would be OK?

Personal gain? no. For the possibility of groundbreaking new medicines? yes

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    For the possibility of groundbreaking new medicines? yes

In other words, personal gain. The medical industry will make billions. Don't rely too much on their altruism, Caedes.

Apparently (in itself good) curiosity, the (in itself good) desire to achieve scientific and medical advances, and the desire to gain fame and fortune with the newest bio breakthrough justifies doing whatever is necessary to achieve these ends. And so we have these chimeras. Anyone with an ethical objection to these biomanipulations is vilfied as being "anti-science".

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3798/is_200101/ai_n8932086/pg_1

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Ceades

You asked if I "would not wish to benefit from any treatments"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit