I came to a realization just now, how about you?

by return visitor 35 Replies latest jw friends

• iveseenthelight
    iveseenthelight

My fade is still new so I'm missing quite a bit. I don't miss the meetings, the ministry or the fake-arse association after meetings. I miss a few people who I was close to, who wouldn't just discuss JW things with me but would hang out see movies and have meals with me. I can't believe I lasted so long.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Zero, zip, notta.

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Miss nothing at all. Hated the meetings, field service. DC and assemblies just annoyed me. Hated how they went for so long. Like why the crap did they have to go for 3 freaking days. The people are all fake. Had a great friend who wasn't so great a friend as he ratted on me when I hinted at doubts in confidence to him. The best part is I no longer go at all and even better is my parents love me and wouldn't dream of shunning me - gotta feeling they have doubts LMAO. I resent the borg for their deceitful ways and how they made us feel we were better than others.

• greendawn
    greendawn

All those activities that were supposedly done to serve jehovah who would richly reward them in due time were in fact done for a man made organisation that had no intention of rewarding any of that work, they just know how to manipulate and exploit people to sell their products and give generous donations to an already very rich multinational corporation.

Should the mind begin to catch wind of it even at a subconcious level the inner mood might change to very negative due to feeling duped and exploited by the org.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Well, I was a misguided bookish person who got involved with them when I was sixteen, so I enjoyed the studying. But then they started emphasizing answering ONLY by rephrasing what was in the paragraphs, and that got boring really fast. And if I would've had a CLUE about the wrong dates, etc, I wouldn't have lasted nearly as long as I did.

I HATED field service

The best thing about the DCs and assemblies was lunch when they used to provide it, lol (those danishes were pretty good).

I used to LOVE the annual square dance and skating parties we had with three other congregations, but then they put a stop to that, too.

LOL WT: When I started up with the JWs, they had four day conventions. Someone told me back in the day they used to be SEVEN days long!

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

I'm new here and would like to say that reading everyone's comments here has been so ....theraputic (not to be too dramatic). I've been putting off dealing with what I went through for a long time. Too long. So many of the comments here I totally relate to. If there is an area for newbies, could someone point me to it? Unless this is it!

What do I miss? Not the demanding schedule, the canned answers or fake friends. Not the nonsensical dogma and conflicting views. Especially not the harassment and accusations. Not the elder who would blather on and on and on about how he had to fight his unclean thoughts at inappropriate times, like when no one was around even if it was for a moment. After a while that turned into me being provocative. I was a young and very innocent girl. Can anyone guess how much guilt and shame you carry for years when an authority figure tells you, in an accusatory way that you have a "sexual aura"?! A whole bunch. By the time I quit going to meetings, I didn't feel worthy of stepping into a KH anymore. I was worldly, raised in the world, and had apparently failed at being reformed, according to that elder. Sorry if I'm sounding bitter, guess I am.

I'll keep reading, you guys keep posting.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I agree it was all just boring superficial crap; meetings,assemblies, field service etc. The only thing i feel i really benefited from in my 6 years of being at witless was overcoming my fear of public speaking. By being a member of the Theocrapic Ministry School doing talks once a month/every six weeks for all that time made me a confident speaker.

Well thankyou very much Watchtower.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Welcome 'Emy the infidel'. I find this board theraputic also, i hope you stay with us

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

Thanks ifcviking, staying will be easy. For years I wasn't willing to doubt the organization at all. Some of the best people I ever have known were JW's, and I didn't want to be part of the *apostacy*. I wasn't willing to admit that I had been harshly treated etc. and felt that I somehow deserved it. But as the years go, and I get wiser I can see how rotten some of that was, and how it didn't need to happen at all. Then again, and this is the NEW part, maybe it did need to happen.

I also had secretly wondered what about the 1914 generation that wouldn't pass away...did they still tout that? Other things as well, and am now ready to search for answers.

Thanks so much for the welcome.

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

sacrifical loon , i totally agree with you about the structure and certainty of meeting etc. it's weird. it's what made me go back to a KH after almost a year out.(only once and i will never do it again..) sometimes i even tell my boyfriend that it's strange but i would like us to both go in our little sunday clothes to the meetings and go in service,....but don't get me wrong i know it's all bullshit....it's just the ritual i miss. Wednesdays fridays and sundays were my 'ritual days' just like people have shabbath on saturdays or football mondays. is tha tjust plain weird? i miss it but damn! i could never do it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit