I came to a realization just now, how about you?

by return visitor 35 Replies latest jw friends

• return visitor
    return visitor

I have been inactive now for over a half a year, and I am just now realizing that there was not one thing I enjoyed about being a witness. I enjoyed my friends and association with witnesses, and still do. But I didn't enjoy one thing that we were supposed to do, not one. Meeting attendence, answering, giving talks, duties and responsabilities of an elder, field service, bible studies with others, return visits, personal study, family studies, prepairing for meetings, maintenance of the hall, spring cleaning, assemblies, conventions, contributions, didn't like any of it. How about ya'll? Is their anything that you enjoyed other that the association?

RV

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Nope nothing and I really didn't like the association. They were fake and most were worse than my non-jw friends!

nj

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I really didn't even care for the association. Felt too much like big brother looking over my shoulder all the time.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I think what I enjoyed most was when the meeting, conventions, assemblies, memorials, field service, return visits, bible studies, personal study, C.O. visits and sheperding calls were OVER!!

• return visitor
    return visitor

ex-nj and 95,

I have to agree that the few friends I had outside of the JWs were a lot better friends. In fact, I moved from Louisiana after Katrina, lived their all of my life, was in the borg for 26 years, and the only person I stay in touch with down their now is a friend from work, not a witless. So I guess I have to agree with you that the friendships I made were not all that good.

• return visitor
    return visitor
    I think what I enjoyed most was when the meeting, conventions, assemblies, memorials, field service, return visits, bible studies, personal study, C.O. visits and sheperding calls were OVER!!

They were never over!!! There was always more BS to do, you could never do enough.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Pot luck picnics with baseball... but that only happened once in a freakin blue moon.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

M T Ness

That's all it was.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thats why the new KM says the Sunday talk will be only half-hour not 45 minutes to encourage more association after the meeting...most people will just piss off home early.

• memario
    memario
    most people will just piss off home early.

007 - Your absolutly RIGHT, that's what we did just after the public talk. We went home for our afternoon R&R!!

mem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit