Do You Recognize Your Baptism?

by sweetstuff 67 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    As I stirred the paper with a stick, I said "Just as WT left out important information, I no longer
    concern myself with the information I supply them. I am free to use deceptive methods to avoid
    their witch hunts or withhold information. Since I was not fully informed about disfellowshipping
    and false prophecies, my baptism was invalid. By my undedication, I renounce it

I love it!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

No, my baptism was based on lies and duress.

And I have major doubts about the bible being the word of God.

I have no doubt that the witnoids are not his mothpiece.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

no, the baptism represented dedication to a god who doesn't actually exist. It was like acting in a play - or playing make believe. I don't believe in any of that any more, so the baptism has no meaning to me.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No, my baptism was based on lies and duress.

Ditto!

Good post, sweetstuff.

I was 14.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Today I recognize it as a mistake, although at the time I swallowed the WBTS's propaganda hook line and sinker.

• changeling
    changeling

I was 10 years old. Do you think I should?

changeling

• helncon
    helncon

No i recognise the hurt it has caused by the way of me being DF.

When i was going through the questions i just said what they wanted to hear.

I knew i was doing it all for the wrong reasons but it was the only way at that time i could be acepted.

I never even said out loud yes to all the questions at the DC.

I can't even remember the date or year but i know that i was 17 at the time(and did know better)

Helen

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

they say being baptised is like signing a contract. well, when you do that, you expect the other side to hold up their end of the bargain. if they don't, that contract is null and void.

it always pisses me off when they push young ones to get baptised. wasn't jesus supposedly 30 when he got dunked? they pride themselves on not baptizing infants, but, that's no diferent than someone 10 or 11 years old. they cannot possible understand what they are doing. i think they should make people wait until at least 25 before they can get this done.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The only thing I recognize is that I made a stupid decision based on lies and manipulation.

W

• Soledad
    Soledad

Absolutely not. I was a minor and had been lied to all my life. Furthermore, I was not baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, so therefore not a valid baptism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit