When it all started for me.

by Anti-Christ 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Just felt like sharing this with you all. I was thinking about what started my BIG doubts with the WT doctrine. I remember often questioining certain things but the biggest doubt was when I started some research in the WT literature about a subject I knew a lot about. I wanted to know why the WT had such an opinion on the subject. When my research was completed I realised ALL of the information in the WT books was out of date, speculation or just simple personal opinion. That's when the domino effect happen. That's when I realised they were not directed by god and all the rest followed.

• educ8self
    educ8self

You realized they have no brain, I realized they have no heart. What's left?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

For me, it was the 1995 change for "this generation." I thought the change was a huge abandonment
    of what the JW who studied with me years back had drilled into my head. "The end is imminent because
    time is running out for the 1914 generation." I was a new elder and nobody in my cong. acted like it
    was a big deal. It was covered in a couple of paragraphs and they moved on. I talked to others about
    it and they really didn't get the importance of it.

If they could abandon this supposedly "Biblicallly proven chronology" what else could be wrong and
    waiting to be abandoned?

Much later, I asked my JW mother about "this generation." She started talking about 1975 and why WTS
    wasn't wrong, but why everyone was still in expectation, since we don't know how long after Adam, Eve was
    created, but the 6th Creative Day ended after her creation, and the end must come within 6000 years after
    that.

It's kinda complicated, but my mother's answer was just another "WTS changed the doctrine after their old
    doctrine didn't come true" for me to look at. Doubts grew from there.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Money.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

which subject did you know "a lot about"?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Money.

Well, former members and current members are working on that. Lawsuits are up, contributions are down.
    The product is cheaper, so contributions from the field will stay down. The current members are told to
    avoid college, so they will keep washing windows and have less money for contributions. The Brooklyn
    land will eventually all be sold. There is hope they will have no money one day.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    For me, it was the 1995 change for "this generation." I thought the change was a huge abandonment
    of what the JW who studied with me years back had drilled into my head. "The end is imminent because
    time is running out for the 1914 generation." I was a new elder and nobody in my cong. acted like it
    was a big deal. It was covered in a couple of paragraphs and they moved on. I talked to others about
    it and they really didn't get the importance of it.

That was a big one. In my cong. some reacted really "bad" but the biggest thing in my cong. especially for the younger ones, was when the WT started to do "commercials" on t.v. I remember one of my friends really flipping out, he said. " what the hell? what's up with this religion? They are becoming more and more like a cult." Not long after he was DFed and I started my fade.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    which subject did you know "a lot about"?

Ah! I knew I was going to have somebody ask me that. You might find it weird but it was about cannabis. I had a jw friend who had m.s. and I wanted to ask her if she thought of trying cannabis to help with her symptoms. I wanted to know what the org. had to say about it before I proposed it to her. I did a lot of research on the subject.

• changeling
    changeling

The Society's UN involvement did it for me.

changeling

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    .....cannabis. .....
    I did a lot of research on the subject.

That sure has a double meaning. Did your research involve seeing if you really get
    the munchies after smoking?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit