When it all started for me.

by Anti-Christ 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

For me it was the lack of any real fraternal ambience and the dictatorial nature of the FDS. Also that gross jehovah centredness, isn't there such a thing as the Christian Church and its head who is the Christ? Apparently for the JWs there isn't. At times I was feeling that being in the KH of the JWs was like being in a synagogue.

• veen
    veen

What do you mean, tv adverts? Surely not. They would be amazing, more so than the GOD Channel.

• fresia
    fresia

What were the TV adds about? never heard of this before was it only in the US?

I think the biggest turn of everywhere is the lack of GENUINE Christian concern for one another, the selfishness of the individual and the up themselves approach of pioneers elders, bethelites, elders wives and so on.

When a family member of mine started studing they were a widow with two small children, there was a public talk on looking after widowers and the fatherless boy, she sat by the phone for two weeks in hope of getting an invite for coffee. This folks is the classic example of Christian love, I don't think.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    What were the TV adds about? never heard of this before was it only in the US?

Well I don't know what is was in the U.S. because I'm Canadian but here in Canada it was about a kid traumatises by a fire they had in the house and a mother trying to make him fell better with "bible promises", very Mormon like.

That sure has a double meaning. Did your research involve seeing if you really get
    the munchies after smoking?

I did a lot of research on both sides, theoretical and practical

• Maddie
    Maddie

E V E R Y T H I N G !!!!!!!!!

• Maddie
    Maddie

What I mean is that my brain seemed to explode one day and everything about the borg was exposed in my mind. I think that a tiny seed had been planted quite a long time before that and it had taken a while to germinate, but suddenly burst forth into a full grown tree.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

mine began with a seed my brother planted -- if there is no soul, why would you waste your life for a COPY of you to enjoy paradise.

which almost made me leave right away, but I came up with a plausible recovery, that prvented me from leaving until

the subliminal stuff, which I am sure they have employed, as I have seen them myself...that was the final straw.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

For me it was bring someone to a meeting full of joy and then in a few months the person would becomes so burden with rights and wrongs they'ed lose there joy and just stop coming. I never got it I knew something was wrong and of course justified it as we learn to do as JW"S.

I always assumed problems were on the congrecational level as you went up to the top things were better. So it was easy to justify the inconsistency with the teachings. I had a close friend who I admired alot he had been disfellowship and we started talking he offered me the crisis of conscience book.

As an elder I had rally against this book we had had a number of people read it and walk away from the organzation. I assumed that Jehovah had cut them off for being disloyal to the GB. But I was ready after seeing so much bad treatment and dishonest among the elders.

Upon reading the book ; I had to stop every few pages; overwhelmed with grief for my blindness and the many people I had brought into the org. which I believed was the only truth on the planet earth. I found I could not assoicate or stay with them any longer. I realized after reading the book and others books there was going to be no reforming or changing or cleaning up of the org as many have thought to justify not leaving.

I found it hard to admit I was wrong moreover I found it equally hard realized I had been so deceived. And the worst of for me was the shame I felt realizing the many people I had sincerely mislead and hurt.

I am amazed that a group can feed you information to the point of believing that you are an independent thinker and at the same time be controlling every thoughts through indoctrination. At first it puts you on very shaky legs. I now have come to realize it is human nature and all of us go through it to a greater or lesser degree depending on which group we associate with.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

For me it was when they changed the wording for the baptism, making the organization right on the same level with the holly spirit and Jesus Christ, if anyone does not hear and read that, and does not smell the cat food on the wall, I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thank you all for your comments, good stuff!!. I like to see how different people came to the realisation that it was all b.s.

For me it was bring someone to a meeting full of joy and then in a few months the person would becomes so burden with rights and wrongs they'ed lose there joy and just stop coming. I never got it I knew something was wrong and of course justified it as we learn to do as JW"S.

I can soooooooo relate. I notices that many times.

Cheetos, I remember having an argument once with a JW about baptism. I said to him that we give our life to god and not to the org. He said to me that it was basically the same thing. I told him then how come the CLEARLY say to you in the baptism talk that you dedicate your life to Jehovah and not to the org. But in the same time the phrase the vows a way that contradicts what they say in the talk, very sneaky. It's all part of the mind control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit