What do I do with these breasts?

by IP_SEC 66 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ok my love I suggested the crockpot cuz turkey breast can get very dry and the crockpot helps keep that moisture if done correctly. Since you can't fit that breast in the pot you might want to slice it up and put part of the breast in the pot and make cutlets with the other part. I love doing a mini turkey feast with the stuffing (stovetop) gravy, potatoes, spinach, etc - something quicker that holiday fare.

The cutlets are easy. You can pan fry, stir fry, even bake.

• magoo
    magoo

............i'm very surprised our cajun brethern haven't suggested deep fat fried........

magoo

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

magoo, we deep fry entire turkeys, but, i think the breast alone would get too dry.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Freeze one.

Separate the fat layer from the meat, place garlic cloves and orange halves between the two layers, cover with foil, and bake. Just before removing from the oven, baste with a white wine and butter sauce until fat is golden brown.

Serve with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sour dough rolls, and any vegetable except brusssels sprouts

Man, now I'm hungry!

• magoo
    magoo

bigdreaux.........i knew that.....not....

magoo

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

magoo, deep fried turkeys are the bet. i'll make you one if ya ever make it down here.

fryturk7.jpg picture by booman76

• bigdreaux
  • bigdreaux
  • bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

IP_SEC, have you had the pleasure of trying turducken yet?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

BigD,

You and the mrs are officially invited to the dragons lair for Thanksgiving, please bring your turkey frier!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit