bringing down the bOrg

by tula 30 Replies latest members private

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Does anyone know how much media control the bOrg has? Does it have any holdings in media operations? Why was the NGO info silenced in this country?

I do not believe the Borg has any media control. The NGO info was not really silenced-
    it was ignored overall. The news that WTS joined the United Nations as an NGO is
    really no news at all. Only exJW's would even begin to understand why it means anything
    important.

JW's are small fish in a big pond. Only serious scandals that are easily recognizable will
    get press. The last decade has been so saturated with priest scandals that even that is
    starting to be ignored. It is up to us to proclaim the JW's as HYPOCRITES every time
    a story about them gets any play.

When 0.1% of your audience is JW, you don't worry about offending them with a news story,
    but you also recognize that 99.9% of your audience need to see a story that they will care
    about. When a JW shoots somebody or gets charged with child abuse, the story dies off
    within 48 hours, and nobody remembers it. (Molester at the airport, adoptive mother in Britain
    abused her kids, sextuplets in Canada- nobody really remembers anything of these.)

• tula
    tula

In a previous post of bOrg's biggest fears... how can we collectively bring these to fruition? These were some of your answers:

loss of money... truth ... exposure ... lawsuits....internal division....fear of knowledge.....outside world....threats to the illusion

coup.....rebellion....internal division

and this most excellent quote from Gayle:

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

A film, a book? ....those on the inside will all be warned beforehand and will ignore it. So how could you achieve something truthful suddenly "in your face" for the JW's before bOrg has opportunity to discredit it?

Is infiltration a possibility? Anyone with articulate ideas on coup?

• tula
    tula

to the person calling himself "the Borg":

If you really are a representative, I am glad to know my post shook you enough to show your hand, especially since you've apparently been lurking for a couple of weeks (8-22) and just now decided to post.

Just to let you know, when I play with fire, I always win!

Tula.... AKA DOROTHY

• Quandry
    Quandry

Gently weakening the org's credibility, IMO, is a way to very indirectly take away the benefit of being a jw, and maybe will discourage them from continuing to be a member.

Ah, yes. With the increased use of the computer by Jdubs, many are coming across info.

I know that when I first looked at the web site for JWs, as a faithful one, I was taken aback by the amount of "apostate" opposing sites. How could this be, I wondered? I eventually looked.....as many will.....

Also, more news reports about peodophiles in the congregations.....people talking to one another....

And last, but not least, the WT coming out with KMs about not doing individual studying, tightening their grip, and the District Conventions blasting education are not sitting well with many.

I individually talk to people at work when I have the opportunity, about the things going on withing the Borg...

Discouragement is effective.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Another thing I think is somewhat effective is to capitalize on news stories by stretching the publicity...by posting them on various forums or writing letters to the editor. Some of us have gotten stories publicized on fark.com.

I dunno but I think when you have a busy website like that and literally thousands of people laughing at jws' hypocrisy, it seems being a dub would be embarrassing. That isn't really persecution, it's just disdain and disrespect.

The wts loves to say jws are renowned for their honesty, and special knowledge, etc., but they are proven wrong when the world laughs at them for their dishonesty, stupidity, etc. (for example in the "quotes" lawsuit when they filed documents with the court claiming publishing quotes of their literature embarrassed them).

Anyways, I'm rambling...bottom line: capitalize on publicity.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I personally think there should be more media coverage across the US and Canada concerning the Witnesses pedophile problem such as their recent law suits.

The general public has not been notified about this particular problem and I think they should be made aware, just like the Catholic priest situation.

This would intensionally give these self righteous arrogant JWS a kick in the ass

Just like the Catholics they have been covering up this problem for decades with a white sheet on purpose for the sake of public relations in and out of the faith..

Mustn't appear like those other worldly religions you know.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

The only way to bring down the Borg is to kill every person on the planet.

Because it's my belief that as long as people exist, some of them will be JW's.

Whatever the differences between us are at the DNA level, it seems some people with a particular way their brain is wired need to belong to a group that makes it's members feel unique, the chosen few, persecuted, the only true religion and so on.

The human brain seems not to have yet evolved past the need to belong to extremist groups. And so every 1 person in 1 million or whatever the ratio is will be JW's. If the JW religion ceased to exist, these hapless people would quickly run around till they found another high-control group where they can be happily told how to live every aspect of their life, even down to the minutest details of their intimate relations with their marriage partners.

Sad but true.

"Drink the Kool-Aid??"

"Sure, why not??"

glug glug glug

Pope

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I agree with Homerovah - although the Internet has been a great source of information, it's not ideal for reaching the masses.

I recall a TV programme being aired here (England/UK), can't recall name, but was exposing something about the JWs. The week prior to the programme being shown, it was announced at the KH that it was on, and that the JW's must not watch it. I imagine all faithful JWs complied (the one who told me did - as it was Satan using the TV to get to God's People).

Satan is using the media as another tool to destroy the Watchtower.. (like He hasn't anything BETTER to do, lol)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I recall a TV programme being aired here (England/UK), can't recall name, but was exposing something about the JWs. The week prior to the programme being shown, it was announced at the KH that it was on, and that the JW's must not watch it. I imagine all faithful JWs complied (the one who told me did - as it was Satan using the TV to get to God's People).

I remember that. It was in 2002, I think, and would have been the Panorama expose on child abuse within the wts. I didn't watch it at the time, I was still a loyal jw then, but have seen it since on the silentlambs website, and it's no wonder the wts told us not to watch it.

Exposing their record on child abuse, false prophecies and hypocrisy won't bring them down, but it will hopefully stop them from making any new converts.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

We were warned at out KH about the panorama programme too. I was a loyal Jdub then but I did watch it - I remember telling my hubby that I wanted to be prepared to defend the WTS in the ministry. He didn't watch it with me but I taped it and my daughter watched it later. We were shocked but were able to put it to the back of our minds. However when a pedophile moved into our congregation 2 years later and the elders said our policy is that we do not warn despite the fact that he was considered highly likely to offend, I knew the program makers had been telling the truth - Looking back I think that was the turning point for me.

I didn't start visiting internet sites until last year though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit