Just Some Pics I Took While Out and About Today...

by R.F. 33 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The two pics of the statues are of the "Little Rock Nine". If you don't know who they are then research it.

No need for research here, Little Brother. What happened to those nine students who tried to enroll at Central High in Little Rock in 1959 is a study in shame. One of the ladies, I understand, still suffers from PTSD. Of course, skin color or social status has no monopoly on blind hatred. Also, there is no religion that can boast of not having racial distinctions. Research into the history of the WTS proves that beyond a doubt.

I love your pictures. Have you thought of a career as a writer/photographer a la Gordon Parks?

Snowbird

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thanks free2think.

It truly is a shame what happened to those students snowbird. It's wonderful to see a nice racial mix in the school now. That was definitely something a black like myself took for granted. I wanted to attend that school back when I was in high school but my circumstances then wouldn't allow me to.

And thank you about the pictures, I haven't considered a career in either. I'm definitely not much of a writer. I think photographer is an excellent new hobby i'm about to pick up.

R.F.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Absolutely nothing makes me happier than being out and about taking pictures.

Very good job, they are beautiful.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Absolutely nothing makes me happier than being out and about taking pictures.

I feel the same. I think that's why i've picked up a new hobby. :)

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit