Sweet elderly sister reproved...

by changeling 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Flip This,

Both Min and I were elders with a lot of experience, and the quote from Mary backs up what we know - family members are not disfellowshipped for associating with close DFed family.

You may be talking in general and not about family members, which is true. But that is not the case in general, and if it is true that this elderly sister was, that would be very unusual, which is why I asked how changeling knows this for sure.

S4

• Scully
    Scully

Isn't she allowed to have "necessary" contact for "family business"? Who the hell are the elders to determine what the definition of "family business" is?

Frankly, if she's not going to get looked after by the organization in her old age and with failing health, and expect her to get financial assistance from family members for her maintenance, the elders really ought to STFU.

Personally, since my JW family members have chosen to be loyal to the WTS over family, if they ever need financial assistance from me for their upkeep, I'm going to tell them to get it from the "family" they chose - the WTS. We'll see how much money they get from a turnip.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I saw the bastards go after and disfellowship, a 80 something, lonely, longtime sister, while she lingered in her bed in a nursing home. She died without any comfort or interest coming from the only 'family' she ever had.

Her sin was 'spiritism', or a Watchtower form of it, tobacco use.

Jeff

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

absofuckinglutely disgusting

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

Flip This,

Both Min and I were elders with a lot of experience, and the quote from Mary backs up what we know - family members are not disfellowshipped for associating with close DFed family.

You may be talking in general and not about family members, which is true. But that is not the case in general, and if it is true that this elderly sister was, that would be very unusual, which is why I asked how changeling knows this for sure.

S4

s4,

I was threatened in a congregation not far from you (Ballston Spa, NY) - Although they laid off because they DF'd me on something else. Bill Eubanks, a perverted son-of-a insisted on it. My parents were threatened in Page, AZ. (Although in that case there was ONE Elder who stuck it out with them). My Grandmother was privately reprooved in Oneonta (NY), some 15-20 years ago.

It happens; it's a fact.

I ran into trouble with this in Warrensburg, NY as well and I wasn't even Baptised at the time!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Flip,

I'm sure it happens. There are lots of jerk elders out there, who have no sense of limits or decency.

S4

• Sassy
    Sassy

yup.. if they want to reprove or DF.. they can..

sometimes they look the other way.. depends on the cong

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    people get DF'd for this all the time.

This true, depending on who knows about it. I also know folks that allowed Df'd relatives to move in with them, some were reproved and some were not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit