Sweet elderly sister reproved...

by changeling 37 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

If I were this young man, if my state allowed it, I would file an Alienation of Affection lawsuit against that BOE. Whether I won or not, would not be the issue.

IT'S TIME THEY STARTED GETTING SUED RIGHT AND LEFT FOR THIS KIND OF SH*T!!!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    But a mother's love has no limits

au contraire......I disagree - every mother in the watchtower cannot love their child more than they love the society else they could and would not allow themselves to shun their children - sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    My mother spoke often with both my df'd brothers

You are lucky. My mother in law will not visit with us, allow us in her home, nor will she call. Her son is an elder, her daughters husband is an elder - she has been 'instructed' to have no association with any of her children - one df'd and the da'd....else she has compromised her faith. As she has told us, she will not allow anything or anyone to do that. sammieswife.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

This same thing almost happened to my grandmother when she was about 80 years old. She allowed my DF'd sister to come live with her for a short time until she could get back on her feet. My grandmother got a visit from a couple of legalistic elders who basically threatened her with disciplinary action. One of the elders had not even been baptized for 10 years! At this time my grandmother had been baptized for over 60 years LOL! All her life she devoted to that cult, not knowing that it was just that: a mind-controlling cult.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

people get DF'd for this all the time.

Where are you guys from that haven't seen this happen?

• TheListener
    TheListener

You can be disfellowshipped for associating with a disfellowshipped or disassociated individual.

But, an elderly sister contacting her son? Those elders must have sincerely had it in for her.

• greendawn
    greendawn

What a nasty society pretending to be God's people sometimes they come close to being as blindly fanatical as the Moslems with their primitive religious concepts and attitudes.

I said this before they should be sued for violations of the human rights of family members. It's one thing if they don't want ex members to participate in their religious activities and another to interfere in their family life.

• flipper
    flipper

Sorry to hear about that happening Changeling. But with all we know about how unjust the judicial system is run in the org. is it any surprise? To me , it just goes to show how inconsistent one body of elders can be from one congregation to the next. They do things how they want based on local convenience for the particular area or need. Their decisions many times have nothing to do with what is right or wrong, just convenience, and or wielding the big power stick! Makes me sick! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Mary
    Mary

What a bunch of asswipes these elders must be. I hope they feel alot better picking on the elderly like this. Perhaps they've run out of younger ones to harass.

With that said, it sounds like this is a local problem. The Elders Manual says regarding family:

"....The principle set forth in Jesus' words at Matthew 10: 34-38 has a bearing on situations involving disfellowshipped or disassociated relatives. Special and difficult problems may arise in relation to social gatherings. Loyal worshipers of Jehovah will want to adhere to the inspired counsel at I Corinthians 5:11. Normally, a close relative would not be disfellowshipped for associating with a disfellowshipped person unless there is spiritual association or an effort made to justify or excuse the wrongful course...."

Then again, it sounds like the local gestapo are probably trying to emphasize the Craptower study of last year that stressed how "it might be possible to have almost no contact" with family members who are DF'd if they don't live under your roof. It's amazing that the government doesn't do something about this. I mean, if some company tried enforcing a law that you were not allowed to speak to former employees----even family member, who went to work elsewhere on pain of being fired, you could sue their asses off in court and they'd most likely be fined as well. If they don't allow a company to treat people like this, why is it okay for a religion to?
  • journey-on
    journey-on
    it just goes to show how inconsistent one body of elders can be from one congregation to the next

This is true. I've read many things on this forum that seem to back up this statement. My mother was not "in your face" with her association with my brothers. She didn't make a big issue out of it to her witness friends. She simply did what she felt in her heart Jehovah allowed. She was a very well-respected loving sister and I'm sure she and my dad contributed lots of $$ to them. But she was an extremely intelligent lady and could hold her own with any of them as far as scripture goes and exuded confidence and strength of character.

Like I mentioned, she started off shunning my brothers after they were disfellowshipped. I can't remember the time frame involved, but after some time had passed, she decided she was the one sinning by shunning. It wasn't accomplishing anything plus it wasn't the truly Christian thing to do to her way of looking at it. It was hurting her very soul to do this to the sons she had lovingly raised and nurtured.

The borg is a SICK organization of cultic mentality. My mother simply discarded this particular doctrine. She had been around long enough to see that they had made many mistakes in the past, and to her way of looking at it, this was just another one.

I miss her very, very much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit