Sweet elderly sister reproved...

by changeling 37 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

just curious, was she publicly reprooved or privately and word just got around about it?

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

That is really sad, poor little lady..

LTF

• tula
    tula

Have any of you considered charges of ELDER ABUSE for the emotional stress this can cause elderly people?

Also, if they are separated from family because of org mandates, this means more responsibility for the state.Maybe we should start getting state agencies more involved and tell them what the Borg is doing to old folks.

• calico
    calico

I always thought it was a matter of choice for a parent to associate or not associate with a df'd child? Has that policy changed again!?

• avengers
  • Highlander
    Highlander

Hey WT! Crack that whip harder! You're setting a wonderful christian example for the rest of the world.

• changeling
    changeling

purps: publicly

calico: Since the early 80's the policy has been to completely shun all DF'd ones, even close relatives, if they are not minors or living outside of your home.

• eclipse
    eclipse

That

makes

me

ANGRY

I would have words with those bastage elders.

• minimus
    minimus

Unless apostasy is involved, my understanding is that this is NOT a disfellowshipping offense, hence something one should not be judicially reproved for.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I agree with Minimus on this one. To be publicly reproved a person has to have committed a sin serious enough to be disfellowshipped for, and I've never heard of a body of elders dfing or reproving anyone for contact with dfed family members - unless there was apostasy involved in some way.

Changling wrote: "calico: Since the early 80's the policy has been to completely shun all DF'd ones, even close relatives, if they are not minors or living outside of your home."

While this has been strongly encouraged by some elders and completely left up to the individual families by most elders, I don't know that this is a disfellowshipping policy. I know people will get shit about it from some traveling brothers and some elders, many others completely leave this up to family to decide what are "necessary family matters" in dealing with DFed ones, which is how the WTS put it in the magazine in 1981.

Was there a talk given about this at a meeting after the reproof? Besides gossip, what evidence is there that this was the reason for the reproof? If it was for that reason, I think this body of elders are a bunch of self-righteous, pricks sticking their noses far beyond any reasonable limits.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit