Stealth453

I was there..it is true.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Leolaia - YOU ARE AMAZING !

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Dino,

I don't even know what a wordmeister is. All my writing is from defeat and failure. The only thing I've been consistent at is being inconsistent. I'm staying the same like the Watch Tower stays the same. They still disbelieve the same things and I'm still bad at the same things.

It's easy for me to be consistent when I'm on the bottom. :-)

I liked your post. I like to read about strengths and accomplishments big and small. It's selfish not to share them. I'm not a salesman, I'm an order taker. The Witnesses helped us identify our strengths so they could sabotage them. Now we accept our talents and embrace them and develop them to share with our families and the world.

When we were Witnesses we used to be afraid of failure. Now we accept failure as a step to progress. Learning and reaching out makes life interesting and is our contribution to society and to the benefit of our culture. All work is serving others. We do it with pride.

• yknot
    yknot

Blast from the the Past!!!!

Yeppers 1975, and for some KH's like mine 1976 too!

It is the reason that my memory starts at 18mo...it was an intense time.

They told older children they would never have to go to school

LOL............................................

Y

• onacruse
    onacruse

Yes, it was.

I was at Bethel when 1975 was being promoted, and I felt the ambience, and conviction, of the Governing Booby (including, of course, Fred Franz) when they sat at table and talked about impending Armageddon within the next few years. And then, after I left Bethel, Fred Franz gave a featured talk at a special assembly in the NW area, and he as good as said that 1975 was it. The convention chairman even went to far as to count off the months left (60). I was still a true believer, and I remember to this day how the hairs stood up on the back of my neck as I heard Fred's words.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Awhile back, Atlantis posted this link to where the 1968 Awake! "Is it Later Than You Think?" can be downloaded:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/32g1jl

I remember being at WT Farms in Wallkill during 1975 and we listened to a tape of a lecture by Fred Franz about 1975 and he got into elaborate detail about the Hebrew calendar and even pinpointed a date. There were a few of us that thought he was over the top on this. I remember one guy who worked with me in the Subscriptino Dept who quipped a line from The Sound of Music: "Freddy makes me laugh!"

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes there was but it was done more subtly than in 1925, the leaders rather quietly let lose the idea that the end would arrive before 1975 and then stood back as the R&F got wildly enthusiastic about it and did nothing to warn them that it was not a special date.

Later they claimed it was irresponsible R&F members that caused the fiasco, the question then is why didn't they try to neutralise such an erroneous concept?

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Um can you get those paper clippings as individual JPEGS??

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

During the 1970s, my good friend Bruce Price produced a magazine aimed at helping Jehovah’s Witnesses.

With his permission I have provided a copy of his October 1975 issue (reissued in July 1976 with additional information provided on the last page). This provides some of the arguments we made at the time.

http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/Witness_Mag_Oct_1975.pdf

I have also provided the pages on 1975 from his “Our Friends” Manual, issued in 1997, since this includes the WTS’s “acknowledgment and apology”.

http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/Bruce_Price_on_1975__1997_edition_.pdf

Doug

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Interesting stuff, Doug! To make the 1975 issue of Bruce Price's magazine clickable:

http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/Witness_Mag_Oct_1975.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit