Interesting tidbit from a bethalite

by Princess Daisy Boo 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I'm from South Africa. Helped to lay out the gardens at bethel in my teenage years! I will try and get some info.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow! Well I hope the SA government wins on this one! That'd throw a big 'ol wrench in the gears, wouldn't it? To have women actually in the lead??

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I cannot find any information about this. My hubby phone the Times newspaper and asked them if they knew anything they saud they will look into it. Will keep you posted.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Apparently if they don't win the court case, then JW's here will have a problem, because we have employment equity laws here and this would mean that there would have to be a quota of "Sisters" on the branch commitee and other "unscriptural" things

Oh, let's hope they lost!!

I wish the authorities here in the UK would bring the same sort of case against them

• rebel8
    rebel8

bttt

• greendawn
    greendawn

I thought at first it was the New York Bethel but that was of course too long a shot. Apparently they have too much support in high circles in the USA.

What the South African government has realised is the obvious fact about the WTS operations. The spirit of charity is one thing they certainly don't have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit