Interesting tidbit from a bethalite

by Princess Daisy Boo 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Hi all

So my "bethalite" sister calls me last night for a chat (now I must digress slightly and say that conversations with my sister are few and far between - we have very little to say to each other and any calls to each other are merely out of duty)

After all the small talk, she tells me that she was doing stocktake in the tuckshop for a change instead of the usual housekeeping job that she is meant to do. I ask her why and she tells me that all the dept's within bethal who keep a supply of products have to do a stocktake in preparation for the big courtcase on Friday. So I ask what court case and she tells me that they are going to court because the government is wanting the JW's to be listed as a business and no longer a non profit organisation.

Apparently if they don't win the court case, then JW's here will have a problem, because we have employment equity laws here and this would mean that there would have to be a quota of "Sisters" on the branch commitee and other "unscriptural" things.

I am very curious to find out more about this court case and see how it plays out!

• unique1
    unique1

Sounds interesting.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    there would have to be a quota of "Sisters" on the branch commitee

HA HA HA - that is just too funny!! Can you say "when pigs fly"????

pigsfly.jpg pigsfly picture by tubegirl

BB

• sir82
    sir82

Interesting. Which country is this Bethel branch in?

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

South Africa

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Too bad it wasn't Brooklyn, New York. Well....a guy can wish can't he?

BP

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

doing stocktake in the tuckshop for

With phraseology such as that I knew it was not the US branch. South Africa , New Zealand Australia or even GB

• Priest73
    Priest73

Ok, call me a tard, but what is a stocktake in a tuckshop? -p73

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

stock - is inventory . Stock take - is stock checking or counting your inventory for year end purposes.

If you ever watched Crocodile Dundee - Tucker - is food. A tuck shop is a snack shop.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Ah... Well color me enlightened. Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit