There's good news and bad news....

by sweetface2233 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

The good news...I just had my annual review and, as always, I got an "Exceptional"! Yay, Sweetface!!!! I am organized, knowledgeable, show extreme initiative, other than my IMing addiction adhere to company policy, am terribly dependable, productive, and have excellent communication skills. I got a little bit of a raise. Not as big as my boss wanted me to get, and here's why.

The bad news...our company is merging in 3 months and my dept. is being moved to Moorfield, WV, wherever the hell that is.

I'm going to look for a position w/ educational reimbursement benefits. I want my CPA, and dag-nabbit, I'm going to get!

Have a great day everyone!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Congrats, SW!

WV....there's nothing in WV!

• Sassy
    Sassy

congrats about the review.. sorry about the merger... hope you get that which you seek!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Your review didn't mention your obvious positive attitude which is going to get you through this.

You go girl!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Congrats on the review, and yeah, the merge sucks but, it might be the drive that gets you a better job and your CPA! Good luck with the job search, fingers crossed for ya.

• free2think
    free2think

Congrats on your good review Sweetface. Shame about the merger tho.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Thanks guys! I knew she was going to mention the IMing. When she came into my cube I was chatting w/ my boy, richierich.

• R.F.
    R.F.

That's great Sweetface! .....not the merger part of course.....

Keep after that CPA! Don't stop until you get it!

R.F.

• freyd
    freyd

I came from a congregation once that actually wanted to have A/R's for MS's with 4 elders for each MS. They then reduced it to 2 on 1. Since I da'd haven't heard anything else.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

sweetface2233...congrats on a good review, sorry about the relocation problem. If you really are in DC (as it shows on your profile), then 256 mile round trip is a hell of a commute.

Moorefield, WV is 128.5 west of DC, mostly on I-66. 2400 people, not a diverse community (read that 91% white). Probably a quaint little town. Looking at the google sat picture, it doesn't appear much is there. Well, except your job.

I don't know how much time you have invested in your current job but use this as a great opportunity to pursue higher education. Remember, you actually have freedom to do that.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "believes that when one door closes, a window opens" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit