Locks of Love Donation

by whyamihere 30 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

That is a so cool! Good for you!

changeling

• flipper
    flipper

Locks of Love is wonderful. My favorite 13 year old boy in the world was in the local paper last week, getting his hair cut for this. Took him 2 years to grow it, he said he will be glad now not to be mistaken for a girl. mrs flipper

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Congratulations for thnking of doing this! I cut my long hair off last year after my last operation, it was just too hard to care for. My cousin cut hers not too long after I cut mine....but SHE sent hers to the Locks of Love foundation which had never occured to me to do!

Good for YOU!

hugs,

Annie

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

That's great!

i donated last year..how many 65 year olds do you know that has long enough hair to do that!..

Believe it or not my hair is long enough AGAIN to donate. They said as long as you have 10 inches or more they take it.I don't color my hair and have very little grey in it so it is in good shape..

I did break down and get a perm...which is grown out..after I donated last time..and it was still to my shoulders!

I'll probably go in a week or two and get it cut and permed again.. I love to get that weight off my head...

Snoozy

• choosing life
    choosing life

I donated once. It is a very good feeling. My hair grows fast, so I hope to do so again soon.

Good feeling to offer something so personal, isn't it?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Brooke - some people think or talk about doing good things. You actually went and did it. You're very large-hearted!!

• Es
    Es

Thats a great thing to do Brooke you will have to post some pics

es

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Pictures? Is that all I am to you guys? Kidding! I'll get a few done and send them privately to those who asked!

Anyway, I am glad I did it, my brothers laughed and said I looked like I was 17 again.

Brookie

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

It's a good feeling for sure - I've donated twice now myself. Every once and a while I get a wild hair up my bum to chop off all my hair. The first time I did it - the girl told me about the program - since then I've been all about it.

It feels good to give -- and it feels awesome to use less shampoo...lol

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Here is some pics...lol! Actually, I love my hair - who wouldn't?

Brookie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit