My dumplings turned out crappy.

by IP_SEC 62 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

FF i add mine to a veg stew i make, with all the root veg, mixed pulses, herbs and tom puree etc and they are really very tasty. Have to agree don't think they'd taste as nice if they were just boiled in water!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    by aerating do you mean whisking it alot?

Yes dobbie - that stops them from coming out like rubber lol!

I see a few of us Brits are thanking whoever for Aunt Bessie!!!

My mum used to make it in a big tin rather than individuals - I loved to get the corner pieces cos they were nice and crispy

• Scully
    Scully

Finally-Free

Boiling dough in water = pasta, not dumplings. A runnier dough boiled in water makes something like spƤtzle, which my mom always made with German sausages and seasoned French cut green beans in a kind of bechamel sauce.

If you simmer the dumpling dough in something like chicken or beef stew, and have the dough seasoned with parsley, a touch of onion powder or garlic powder, you will notice a HUGE difference. It's the broth that they are cooked in that makes the difference.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yes FF give the dumplings another chance - in stew, maybe experiment with flavouring the dough too - with a few mixed herbs maybe - depending what you're going to eat them with - basil, thyme, rosemary, chives perhaps.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

IP_Sec,

I use Annies dumplings found in the frozen food section. They are also called Pastry and are flat strips. For chicken and pastry I also use a lot of celery and a cut up onion when I boil the chicken in water and chicken stock. Also a few spices go in to boot along with salt and pepper. A 6 to 7 pound package of chicken thigh's or breast will make plenty of meals for later and it warms up well. Discard the onion, celery and chicken bones or leave just a little celery in the frozen meals for effect later.

Joseph

• dobbie
    dobbie

Well Sad Emo you should be an expert in Yorkshire puddings cos you come from Yorkshire lol!(Mind you that means i should be an expert on making cider and cheddar cheese then!I'm certainly good at eating it!)

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

SCULLY... you have a PM

• Scully
    Scully

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that a dumpling thread would generate a PM in my mailbox.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that a dumpling thread would generate a PM in my mailbox.

Indeed. The ex-JW world is weirder that anyone thought... Who'd have thought it would be so popular ? And as it seems to have digressed onto Yorkshire puddings... I like these yorkshire puddings that cover your whole plate !

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

yum! Chicken and dumplings...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit