My dumplings turned out crappy.

by IP_SEC 62 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

So I spooned them out of my chicken and dumplings alt and turned it into chicken guisado instead... alt

Im glad I have tortillas.alt

Just thought you should know. altalt

Thank you

That is all.

• Scully
    Scully

I hate it when that happens!

The only way I could stop it was to use a good recipe for biscuit dough as a substitute for dumpling batter. Nobody could tell the difference.

Now I'm hungry for dumplins!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Yeah, it's cheating... but it works for me.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the best way to make dumplings is to use a good biscuit dough, drop onto simmering broth, cook with the lid on for ten minutes and off for ten minutes - even then I sometimes get a sinker, but mostly it turns out all right. I looooove chicken and dumplings. Must be the southerner in me - dad from Georgia and I am a southern Californian.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

First time I ever made dumplings, my mum forgot to tell me that they 'grow' during cooking

20 minutes later, the lid would no longer stay on the stew pan ...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    The only way I could stop it was to use a good recipe for biscuit dough

Oh Scully, you mean like pop and bake biscuits? Dang I have some of those too.

You know what else pop and bake biscuits are good for? Fry them up for beignets. Teaching me that is the only good thing I can say about my Cajun ex. LOL

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear IP..

That stinks especially when your taste buds were all primed for them!! I use bisquick for mine and the dumpling recipe on the box. Works every time. You have to let them cook and not touch them until they firm up, then I always turn them even though the recipe I don't believe says to. Seems to taste better and makes the chicken soup more creamy. Have you ever made chicken and dumplings camping?? Every time we go I make it in my dutch oven. My family and friends thinks I am a "Martha Stewert" camper..but it is really easy. We LOVE chicken and dumplings! Hmmmm... maybe that will be whats for dinner tonight!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Without my glasses I thought the title said that your dumplings turned out "CREEPY". That made me very nervous. Glad they were just crappy and you could salvage them! W.Once

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hmm,

Ok nice ideas for next time. Thank yall.

I tried to make the dough from scratch... it turned out with the consistency of soggy angel food cake. LOL

• Scully
    Scully

Sure you can use the pop and bake ones. Why not??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit