HAVE YOU TRULY LEFT THE WITTNESSES OR ARE YOU STILL ACTING LIKE ONE

by nightwarrior 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Its been a while since i last posted on the site.

As a wittness i was governed by what i said was supposed to do and even act towards other human beings,my sinful life was ripped away by people using pages of the bible, showing what god wanted from me as a person,unfortunately being scriptually replaced by a character that i never realized, nor truth be told acceptable to jehovah god, but under the guise of a christian, we accept all that is brainwashed into our silly minds

accepting all and everything without question,THERFORE THIS IS KNOWN AS BEING BRAINWASHED, Without you even knowing it Iike so many within the congregation, was forced to adapt to a hidden manifesto which was be seen but not heard

do as i do and not as i say

complain about any of the elders and you will be disfellowshiped, most of my time i was serving jehovah with a muzzle on my face which would only allow me to speak if i agreed with the elders i wasnot blind but what i saw and experienced as a wittness left me cold

i released myself from there tentacles, along with my family.and enjoyed so far eight great years of freedom and life and with many 'blessings'.

My question is have you released yourself from one mans bondage , and how has your freedom affected you ?????

or are you still enslaved .to someone

regards to all those that i met on this site before and a big hello to simon and family. ( we hope that you are doing well).

this site helped us all those 'years' ago and hopefully is still helping many today who are managing to free themselves from mans bondage.

nightwarrior.

• 5go
    5go

Talk about a loaded question with alot of us fading it isn't easy to say.

• anewme
    anewme

That is a great question Nightwarrior! I can truly say I have left the stupid cult behind!
    Earlier this year I would have to admit I still had vestiges of the smelly JW personality.
    I was timid to be truly honest and outspoken. I would feel a certain way but not be able to
    articulate my true feelings....because they were not "pretty" and "acceptable" nor
    "sweet" and "sugary".

Over the summer I have had to deal with some neighbors and family members who felt they knew the old Anewme.
    They thought I would be the old soft touch pushover and allow them to plow over me "and wait on Jehoober to help me" while they got away with lies and embezzlement.

But thanks to JWD I now realize I have been terribly trusting and naive and have wasted half my life on liars and thieves who have robbed me of time and self esteem! I realized they would rather see me dead than happy!

Now I trust NO ONE! ALL MUST PROVE THEIR WORTH TO ME!

I AM GUARDED. I AM TOUGH. I AM NO LONGER A PUSHOVER.

I FEEL NO GUILT AND NO REGRET.

I LIKE MYSELF VERY MUCH.

I WANT TO PROTECT MY TIME AND ENERGY AND FUTURE.

AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GET IN MY WAY CAN GO TO HELL!!!

• blondie
    blondie

havent been to a meeting, assembly, convention, wedding, funeral,, get together, where jws gather. I don't give parties with jws. I work with jws but make it clear that I am not good association...they do associate anyway. My views are my own and no jw is brave enough to confront me as to why I am gone....they know. Do I need to play the DA game for the sake of my mental sanity, NO! Some may need to have to their say. I had mine long ago.

This has been five years ago of no contact. It is been great. Now I need a vacation from the xjw constant contact though I have meet many nice people. Want to keep contact with me; send me pms here or send to [email protected]. Rude and unindientifiable ones will be deleted. Keep in touch until my mental health break is finished.

Love, Blondie

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Completely and utterly out of the closet, SPIRITUALLY, that is. I never faded out, I went out, with a large war cry, he he. All my family has known for years I am a non witness and exactly where I stand on the cult. I am very fortunate though, five kids in my family, we all left, leaving my parents with little option. Either suck it up or disown all of your children. Brainwashed as they are, they chose to have a relationship with their kids. My extended family, very large is much the same, lots of ex witness children, must say something for genetics, they bred free thinkers. Jehovah must be so appalled! LOL

I hide nothing from my family whatsoever. I will call my mom and talk about sex for pete's sake. Bet she doesn't tell her elders' that! Now, we don't discuss religion at all. We avoid the topic completely and just have as normal of a relationship as possible, given the circumstances.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Besides waking up occasionally and I'm sleepwalking, standing at my neighbors front door with a tie on over my pjs and a bookbag under may arm, I seem to be doing fine!

In reality, I'm totally free.

S4

• still_in74
    still_in74

i live everyday as a JW. I go to meetings, say prayers at BS's and dinner, read at meetings, give talks, dont do holidays, act like I dont watch violent or "bad" movies, (i dont go in service anymore though) I am married to an active wife and my family are mostly in.

In short, I am not free, i am living like a JW......... I love my friends and my family, but as a JWD friend said to me (I consider S4 a friend) I know I have to walk away eventually. Its just a matter of when. I am living in the matrix, I know my life is fake but I am too scared to take the red pill (or blue,,,, I cant remember ! )

Still.......

• shell69
    shell69

I feel much like anewme. Having DA's in Feb of this year, I can now see the beginingd of a more aassertive person. I have accepted that my family is lost to this god awfull religion, but I will not waste another second of my life worrying about the past and the things I cannot change.

I think it can be difficult at first; the religious mindset and programming is hard to get out of your head, but the feelings I had when I first went; feelings like 'well thats it, I'm dead/waiting to die' are begining to fade, and I can now look forward.

I do feel 'harder', 'tougher', and am not the totally unhappy person I was, when all I could see was the hypocrisy of a mind controlling religion and an overwhelming fear that if I left I'd lose my family.

I'm starting to love my life, and it feels wonderfull.

Best wishes to all of you here on this board who are 'fading' or questioning your religion. There is a wonderfull life to be had OUT of the borg, where you'll be free to think for yourself and what you say and what you do isn't constantly scrutinised to asses the level of your spirituality. Yes the journey may be hard, and inevitably your freedom will come at a price, sometimes a high price, but it really is worth it.

Shell

• Mum
    Mum

nightwarrior! I hope you remember me. You and your lovely wife met queen beetle and me in London in 2003 (I think) and took us to a nice pub. So glad to see you back here. And the avatar is the real you or a close facsimile.

No, I don't act like a JW. I meet strangers at pubs and enjoy life!

Say Hi to the family for me.

Regards,

SandraC

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have become much less Witless-like during the past several years. Back in the 1990s, I moved so I could unofficially switch congregations (that is, officially belong to the same one but occasionally go to the other side). And, once that happened, I started blowing the meetings off altogether since I knew that each side would think I went to the other side. But I continued going out in service, if for only an hour a month and often dummy service at that. I also was afraid of anything Christmasy.

Since 2005, however, I decided enough is enough. I stopped going to the meetings altogether after the Crapmorial of that year, and stopped service totally in June 2005 (I went out but did not report it for June). After that, I shredded all remaining Puketower and Asleep magazines and Kingdumb Miserys. Later, I rearranged my closet so the suits were not prominent and threw out suit clothing that was in bad condition. And I defined bad condition as holes in the pockets, one or more attempts at repairing crotch seams, bad rips in the linings, stains that were beyond hope, or holes anywhere in the fabric that were not supposed to be there.

Also in 2005, I got some more worldly items. The Puketower bounds were put away and replaced with science toys that had been more or less banned because they might make one think. I got Kevin Trudeau's book of natural cures (which I recommend, if only to get you to think on your own--I also recommend finding at least three backup sources, preferably one that bashes the book, just so you can practice forming your own opinions and beliefs on subjects of importance). What that did was to get me to see how unhealthy the Kingdumb Hells really are--and why I got those headaches at a$$emblies (no, you don't have to do the things in the books if you don't want. If the book only gets you to think for yourself about things and ultimately about the religion, it will be sufficient).

Beyond that, I totally withdrew from the religion. Though I was not willing to do Christmas in 2005, I did not do any meetings or service either. I became inactive and effectively disassociated (though I didn't send the letter for hope that they would waste time and have to think--anything that forces one to actually think has benefit, and if they think, they might soon wake up). And for the Crapmorial of 2006, I got a Ouija board instead of going. Then I got one of those famous airmail letters from that "secret society" that the Watchtower Society insists on bashing.

When I opened that up, I found out why they bashed that society. In it was some group that had studied Aristotelian philosophy, and included some of the freest thinking people on the planet. Reading through that, I realized that the only necessary rules were no initiatory force, coercion, or fraud. They made frequent reference to Ayn Rand, and ultimately that was what made me decide that the Puketower Society was holding me back in every way. That Tower was the total antithesis; they banned independent thinking instead of trying to think using reality and not external authority.

Once I read that, I decided to give Christmas a trial run in 2006. And this year I got a full Christmas tree and the whole nine yards. So, the holidays are no longer a stumbling block. In all likelihood, there are still areas I need to purge from the Tower, and I have seen that even pre-Tower, there were authorities that did all they could to stop me from thinking independently. That is probably going to be even more work for me than undoing the Tower damage. But, as of now, I have no known remnants of the Tower except a deep hatred for the organization and the desire to expose them for their role in closing my mind and ruining opportunities for me to advance my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit