I GIVE UP!

by Stealth453 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I am laughing and I feel guilty, that sucks dude I am sorry.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hey that sounds like a fun opportunity coming to your neighborhood, I know I could have all kinds of fun with them.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I am laughing and I feel guilty, that sucks dude I am sorry. Hell, don't be sorry...enjoy a laugh over it. I know for a fact, at some point in the future, I will. Someday, somehow, I will get my revenge, and I will tell all of you about it. (Apostafest here next year??????? Any takers????) Beer is 10 cents a bottle........

• Hermano
    Hermano

If you have kids make sure you keep an eye on them on meeting nights....

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

You could rent out your lawn for extra Memorial parking!

You could put out a sign for free home bible studies.

Have "Armegeddon Sales" instead of garage sales!

Kitten Whiskers

• Scully
    Scully
    "Building Permit. Issued for the construction of a new kingdom hall of jehovah's witnesses".

It hasn't been built yet. There are ways to throw a monkey wrench in the works.

You can always start a petition among your neighbours and submit it to the local authorities. Make sure your neighbours and town council are aware of the following issues:

1. Jehovah's Witnesses, being a religious "charitable organization" , will not pay taxes toward the upkeep of the property. Therefore their tax portion will be absorbed by the rest of the community. Their charitable work (such as it is) will do nothing in return to benefit the community - no soup kitchen, no outreach program, no support to hospitals, food banks, etc. They will not allow the KH to be used for community purposes at all. Make them prove that they have a sufficient number of members in your town who are taxpaying citizens to justify the building of their house of worship in your town. If the majority of their members are from neighbouring towns, why should you and your neighbours alone subsidize the KH's existence through your taxes?
    2. Increased traffic in your quiet community on weekends and evenings. Increased proselytizing by JWs in your community - while you respect their freedom of worship, you and your neighbours do not want to endure an increase in this form of harassment due to the proximity of the KH to your homes. You will also want to determine whether there is just one congregation or several congregations using the KH - this will be important to determine the impact of traffic flow through your neighbourhood. How many people in each congregation? How much traffic will be generated in the evenings and on Sundays that will disrupt the normal quiet that you currently enjoy in your neighbourhood?
    3. Also, in determining the traffic that will be generated in your neighbourhood due to the presence of a KH, the town will want an idea of how much of a load will be generated in the sewer system by the KH's use. Traffic and sewage are going to be of prime consideration in figuring out whether the taxes that your neighbourhood will be subsidizing on behalf of the KH are going to be disporportionate to the number of taxpayers who actually use the KH facilities.
    4. Organizational policies that shelter child molesters would allow pedophiles who are known only to JW authority figures to be in the vicinity of neighbourhood children. (Is there a school nearby? How many neighbourhood children could this potentially affect?) This is an emotive issue that perhaps could be left on the back burner if there are no known JW child molesters who will be using the KH.

Force a town meeting, compelling the JWs to answer all your neighbours' questions to their satisfaction. Impress upon your neighbours the seriousness of the pedophile issue among JWs, and that they will send known pedophiles door-to-door - it is WTS policy.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Scully that is GENIUS!!! That is the best idea. Then if they do move in, I'd suggest having a loud horn band, practice around there on Tues and Thurs., and maybe tune up the motorcycles on Sat. and Sun.

If they moved in near me, my old loud ass tube amp would be out in the garage, and my guitar buddies would be invited over all the time with their amps.

• Scully
    Scully

Here are a couple of threads by Legolas about a similar situation in Eastern Canada:

HELP.... kingdom hall to be erected in my community....town meeting!

**UPDATE** .... On Kingdom Hall Proposal

I think it would be very worthwhile to pursue this if you and your neighbours do not want a KH built in your neighbourhood.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Go Scully!

Stealth, don't forget the best part: the convenience of free bread and wine once a year, just up the street and all. You could bring friends, make an evening of it.

• Odrade
    Odrade

The last KH we attended was in a residential neighborhood... 4 congregations meeting there, the neighbors HATED the JWs. Hundreds of cars coming and going on Sundays, and hundreds more every single day the rest of the week. The JWs do NOT drive slowly through the neighborhood either. On one of the streets there is lettering painted in the road "JWs SLOW DOWN."

People stand around in the parking lot at 10pm, "talking." Yeah, talking LOUDLY, and laughing/cackling, idling their cars and leaning out windows to chat, loud "goodbye! see ya!!! meet me for SERVICE!!!" Then there is the problem with the congregations starting their time on the neighborhood houses. Some of these people get called on once a month or more. And gawd forbid you should be an inactive or irregular publisher living in the neighborhood, they will be at your home, using your bathroom, asking for a "snack" and saying that they are there to "encourage" you.

Do you have children? Good because now everytime someone sees them on the street they will attempt to give them a tract and start a "bible study." What a great arrangement that will be to have a "study" only a block or so away.

But they are such good neighbors. Yeah, ask about property values next door to the Kingdom Hall, nobody wants to live there. Sure they might be "clean" and "polite," HA! but who wants to buy a place that they know will be disturbed by church comings and goings, EVERY DAMN DAY! I swear, if a KH even hinted at moving into my neighborhood, I would sell and move so fast, my real estate agent would probably name her next kid after me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit