I came to a disturbing realization today

by Stealth453 33 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    Thanks buddy.....sometimes the watchtower ghosts haunt this old fella, even after all these years.

Ohhhhhhhhh...........how I agree Stealth.

It doesn't really haunt me, but when life's good and bad happen..............I'm reminded why I sometimes think the way I do! But I would never change it now.

HappyDad

• DJK
    DJK

As others have said, acting! I am guilty of myself.

• Scully
    Scully
    Now, I "pretend" to be a good father, husband, grandfather, lover, brother, friend, neighbour, man.

"Pretending" is for frauds. Just because we don't have the kinds of role models growing up that we would have liked, doesn't mean that we can't behave in the way we believe those roles ought to play out.

You can know a car inside and out by reading the manual, and you can understand the basics of driving without ever having driven before. You're in the driver's seat now - you're doing it all on your own. There's no shame in being your own teacher. You're being the kind of man for your wife, kids and grandchildren that you always hoped would be there for you growing up. That's called goal setting and achieving success in my books. There's absolutely nothing "pretend" about it.

• fedorE
    fedorE

HI

YOU SAID "I must admit, it really rocked me to the very core of my being.

Thanks for listening to an old man's rant"...

.IT ROCKED YOU CAUSE YOU RE 53 YRS OLD..BUT DEAR SIR

YOU ARE NOT OLD. 60 IS STARTING ON OLD. YOU HAVE 7 MORE YRS TO GO BEFORE U CAN CONSIDER YOURSELF

'OLD". SO MAKE ROOM FOR OTHER THINGS TO ROCK YOU TO YOUR CORE, KNOW WHAT I MEAN ..NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK. SAY NO MORE....

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow, hadn't thought of it that way before, but yes I was acting for many years. I think that I've been able to let go of that now, mostly because I happen to be with somebody who liked me just the way he found me (now I'm thinking of another Billy Joel song!). He was surprised when I turned out to be not as confident and courageous as I used to act though.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I would like to thank you all for your responses and advice. It has helped me to put this little burp into perspective.

Crumpet.....Yes, I do know. Thank you.

You guys are great.

Love you all.

Paul...er....Stealth

• moshe
    moshe
    By the way....Greenlees was my first room-mate

I'll bet Bro Sinutko would love to hear the stories you could tell about your roomie.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I'll bet Bro Sinutko would love to hear the stories you could tell about your roomie.

I bet he would just slam the phone down in my ear, too.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Gopher, you nailed it:

When I was younger and in the JW's, life always felt like a dress rehearsal. A practice session for a reality that would never come.

Now that we are really living, planing, doing, expressing ourselves, following lifelong dreams, the WT blindness falls from our eyes like scales, hey, just like St. Paul. . .Paul! It is you!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

St. Paul. . .Paul! It is you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit