I came to a disturbing realization today

by Stealth453 33 Replies latest jw friends

• memario
    memario

stealth - I pretended for 39 yrs. now I know what play I'm in. The play of life? oh yes and now I'm the director!!

mem

• Mincan
    Mincan
    I "act" like a perfect wife, mother, grandmother, lover, friend, neighbor, woman.

Say, anyone else see what I'm seeing?

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Hey Paul, you left when I was just gettin' going in the religion. I fell for it for twenty years (age 22 thru 42) and left for good in 1993. Sometimes I feel like your post but most of the time I'm just thankful I got away. Not all was a waste of time in your entrenchment in the WT. There were probably many good times and perhaps some good things you absorbed into life. I should have paid more attention in the early eighties when the turmoil was going on at the headquarters. You got to see that from a better perspective. It still amazes me when reflecting on the absolute hold they had on me. You were apparently raised in it-- I wasn't and still fell for it at a very impressionable age (I dropped out of the University of Cincinnati in my fourth year of pharmacy school). I tell myself I should have known better and that's true. Yet, it shows how powerful that kind of thinking is. You are lucky you got out when you did. It sounds like you have many positive things in your life. I especially enjoy grandkids. My daughters are not in it now--both are Catholics and doing well with their families. You are not alone with your regrets and I feel it is impossible not to wonder "what if" once in a while. That is just human nature. Glad you got out. Your friend, Carlton

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bttt in memory of stealth453. RiP

He was gone before I came on board but his words live on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit