Holiday to Tasmania and my incredible book find

by jwfacts 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

The Bible Students still publish the studies in the scriptures (6 volumes) not the 7th which is a Rutherford authorized mishmash. The smaller blue/black copies are probably from their printing plates.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I don't think I will sell them for now, they have sentimental value, plus If my parents ever question my sources I can always show them the original quotes.

Here are the books. I have ended up with 4 different styles of Studies.

alt

alt

• jeanV
    jeanV
    I don't think I will sell them for now, they have sentimental value, plus If my parents ever question my sources I can always show them the original quotes.

these are good enough reasons. let me add that unless you need the cash, they are worth being kept. they can only go up in value (imo)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As Blondie said, the Bible Students keep vols 1 through 6 in print today, BUT they are not the original FIRST editions - they are the later revised and corrected and "fixed up" versions. So you probably have something of ral value there. As for the "Millions" booklet, you can buy a replica reprint of it on Lulu.com for $8. That's a far better value for anyone who isn't interested in smelling old paper.

• freeme
    freeme

i just smelled big money when being nice to old witnesses...

• still_in74
    still_in74
    I don't think I will sell them for now, they have sentimental value, plus If my parents ever question my sources I can always show them the original quotes

I would certainly keep these. These will prove invaluable for helping others to see the truth about the "truth". I wish I had that collection!

• penny2
    penny2

Wow, that's an amazing collection you have there! The oldest publication I have is "New Heavens and A New Earth" from 1953. I haven't been motivated to read it though.

• why???
    why???

wow thats amazing I would love to read some of those...and use them as "credible" sources too!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I wouldn't mind having that collection either. Your grandma sounds pretty cool.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

jwfacts, i'm glad you are the one that found this gem. i love your site, and i know you'll put them to good use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit