Ouch that hurts

by lola28 19 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

Are you DF'd or DA'd? If not just call one of your friends and invite them to a movie or out for a cup of coffee. Let them know that you miss them, thier friendship. The worst they'll say is no and that will say much more about them than anything you're missing.

(((lola)))

BFD

• Sassy
    Sassy

there are some I still really miss too...

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

((((lola))))

I can totally understand the feeling of loss. I too have moments where I am so heartbroken of the friendships I've lost. I love these people still and I know they love me. It's upsetting what brainwashing can do to relationships. It is what it is. Sometimes I have to just breathe deeply and say "let it be what it is."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Time to make some new friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

((((((((((((((((lola)))))))))))))))))

nj

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

((lola))

I'm not so much missing them lately as feeling hurt by the rejection. I've realised that most of my old friends weren't really good friends - maybe I just picked the wrong people. I miss only one precious friend, and probably always will. She was dfd twice while I was still in and I went along with it then, and she has gone along with mine now. We had so many years taken away from us. It hurts when I think about her.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I tried to stay connected to one friend I always loved...but in the end she ended the friendship because of the religion - I left of my own free will which she said was much much worse than doing wrong and being disfellowshipped.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Lola, its been nearly 30 years for me and I still remember the people I loved and grew up with. Loss is kind of a crappy reality of life-no matter what. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. Its all right to mourn a bit for what you have lost. Have something comforting to eat, hug someone you love and try to remember all the good that is happening now. Snuggling in front of a warm fire in your flannels would probably be more fun if it wasn't hot muggy summer.

• nvrgnbk
  • GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

((((((((((lola))))))))))

I miss my friends too, sometimes so much it hurts. I'm not DF'd or DA'd, but they all avoid me pretty much.

Don't have much good advice to offer, just a hug!

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit