How does the GB convince another to become "Anointed" ?

by OnTheWayOut 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This question from another thread, Why is the # for annointed still in the 8,000's?
    made me wonder if this had been asked before.

The newest members of the Governing Body were not always anointed. The GB needs
    to get some younger blood on that Body soon.

Is it possible that Bethelites or Branch workers with authority start developing the idea
    on their own that they are now anointed "replacements" or do you think the GB tells them
    something to get them thinking that they should be anointed? Complex question, but
    what do you think?

My answer- the GB tells people in authority to start researching certain articles and gives
    them the impression that their work would be taken more seriously if they were anointed.
    Then they see which ones kiss their asses and suggest that they are SOOOO spiritual.
    "Is it possible that you are anointed?" "Brother Jaracz was talking about your qualifications."
    "Make sure we know if you get chosen, because we'll put you on our short list."

• choosing life
    choosing life

I don't know if anything is said verbally, but a lot is obvious from just paying attention. I saw a young man from the MS school suddenly become annointed. It has served him well. If these ones prove to be company men, then they will go far. But I think it takes both to make it to the top.

And yes, they desperately need some inspiration on the gov. body. They seem to be just drifting along.

• lesterd
    lesterd

The very idea that the GB anoints or incourages anyone to "reach out" for that is ludicrous , blasphemies. If any one has to ask are you, or how do you know, then they are not.

Why 8000 and counting? "Many are called, but few are choosen", the choosing works from both sides, one can be choosen but refusr the anointing.

One of the anointed has three witnesses that bear testimony to their anointing, witnessed by water, blood and spirit, one does not pick up that anointing without being held accountable for the missuse of Christ blood.

Only God knows how many of the 100s of thousands that have recieved anointing since Christ time accpeted the heavenly calling and if the number is even literal.

Abother thing IF the lords evening meal was conducted to day the way it was then, it would be held in private, with only the apostles there. But that is not the way is was comanded to be done. ALL peoples who recieve the blessings from Christ blood and flesh are invited to partake as a rememberence, the only warning was not to partake unworthly.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The very idea that the GB anoints or incourages anyone to "reach out" for that is ludicrous , blasphemies. If any one has to ask are you, or how do you know, then they are not.

The entire religion of the Jehovah's Witnesses is ludicrous. I stand behind my question.
    For clarity, HOW DOES THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT
    SOCIETY, A KNOWN MIND-CONTROL CULT, DECEIVE SOME OF IT'S MEMBERS INTO
    BELIEVING THEY ARE ANOINTED? (Use their literature for further definition of "anointed")

If anyone has to ask "Are you?" or "How do you know?" then they are not.
    I agree with that. NONE of the anointed of Jehovah's Witnesses are God's representative or his
    Faithful and Discreet Slave appointed over all of Christ's belongings. As far as the rest, I do not
    sit in judgment of whether anyone is "called to go to Heaven." (And don't address that in this
    thread, please. I am only interested in the opinions on the question.)

Only God knows how many of the 100s of thousands that have recieved anointing since Christ time accpeted the heavenly calling and if the number is even literal.

I won't address this as a fact or fiction. I am just going to bring it back to the mind-control
    cult that promotes the false doctrine that only 144,000 are called, and only more are called
    if the called ones fail to stay faithful. I am not interested in other beliefs for the purposes of
    this thread. Thanks, though, for your thoughts, Lesterd. You are welcome on my thread
    anytime.

• changeling
    changeling

I wouldn't put it past them.

changeling

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Lesterd, I did say "what do you think?" So, your comments were valid. I accept
    all such thoughts but just try to steer back to the general idea of the
    false anointed gathering new false anointed. Sorry if I came on too strong when
    I did ask for your opinion. I will send this to you on PM also.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Well, in the past they said, the gb begin the reestablishment of paradise on earth after Armageddon and they will serve years into the 1000-years-reign. Today the earthly class has taken over gb duties, zone work for example. I think they will always find men believing to be of the 144000. When the need is great jehovah will provide! I wonder how long the "replacement" explanation will work until its time for more light... 20,30,40 years? fts

• Honesty
    Honesty

My ex-SIL has always been a little 'different' in many ways. Don't get me wrong, she's absolutely drop dead gorgeous but has never had an interest in any brothers. Also, she was always a sweet and caring person.

That all changed almost overninght, though.

About three years ago she started partaking of the 'emblems' at the annual Reject Jesus celebration and immediately became one of the most condemning and judgemental persons I have ever encountered.

She started sounding like an elder with every remark she made. Then to top it all off, she started shunning people who she had known and loved all her life.

I really believe that when a JW gets it in their head that they are going to literally judge other humans (Which, BTW I have never found Biblical support for) and will determine whether people will make it in the Watchtower's New System or will die in the New System because they refused to bow down to the 144,000 that they invite their own personal little demon to ride on their shoulder and whisper directions and guidance into their minds.

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ the thread title. I love it!

Thanks for the chuckle OTWO.

Open Mind

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have yet to see any evidence of anyone being 'encouraged' to partake before joining the governing body. People on this forum have in the past claimed that some of the recent appointments were of brothers who had not been anointed a long time. Others who know these ones better have corrected that misapprehension. For instance one person remarked that Gerrit Loesch only became anointed shortly before being appointed. I know this is false because my father in law knew his as 'anointed' in the 1970s.

The idea that people are being encouraged to become anointed, or that recently appointed governing body members are not long-term anointed looks suspiciously like an apostate urban myth.

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit