How does the GB convince another to become "Anointed" ?

by OnTheWayOut 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind
    looks suspiciously like an apostate urban myth.

Certainly could be. Still worth a chuckle though.

I know I've heard some JWDers slam you for being a "JW Apologist" Slim, but that's one thing I love about JWD. New lurkers will invariably come across some speculations or accusations on here that sound a little overboard, but almost invariably, someone brings it back down to earth.

And, for the record, I still thought it was a damn funny title. Kudos, OTWO.

Open Mind

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, they could always go back to the christians did in the bible, and have those already w the spirit pray to jesus and lay hands on those whom they want anointed.

S

• fresia
    fresia

Also the elders are very young compared to years ago, and many have never been in the world either, they have no knowledge of what others have been through. Another thought about the annointed some being born in the truth and becoming annointed later on (when one falls away, and they replace them?) they suppose to be judges of the ressurected and the great crowd, who can they have empathy for the many that have been through such horrible times, when they have been looked after, never had an addiction and never even experienced half of what other b/s have.

What about the ones that have died martyr death and many of the remnant haven't , what the.

And the great crowd do most of the work, what about all those in Malawi for example that were tortured and some loosing their lives because of an erroneous call by the GB, and those on the GB have never been through anything like it, nor many never died a martyr death for the faith either. Dont get the 144,000. What the.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Fresia makes a good point. While I don't know how many JW's from Malawi claimed to be
    anointed, I do know how many Governing Body members claim to be from Malawi- zero.

The WT mags are full of examples of people who went to prison for their beliefs. If these are
    the tested and fully faithful ones, shouldn't the "spirit-directed" organization see fit to put
    people like that on the Governing Body? They wouldn't have to be from Malawi, but they
    certainly should have some who were really persecuted, jailed, perhaps lost loved ones or
    limbs for the belief. Were any of them (ever) in concentration camps?

Thanks, Fresia.

• erandir
    erandir

The GB is simply looking for some more like-minded people. Good con-artists with the balls to claim a fantastic role and to actually get away with it.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

OTWO,

I don't believe, from my own experience, that the GB in any way encourages anyone to "become anointed."

Considering that the vast majority of billions of Christians feel they are going to heaven, why would it be any stretch that some JWs would suddenly get the feeling that they are also? It's obviously simply a matter of a personal viewpoint, a self-delusion if you will.

What I saw happen over the years was this, as far as people deciding that they now are part of the JW 144,000:

1. It seems to hit a lot of menopausal women, especially those who may have had less than satisfying life expereinces and for whom being a JW has been the biggest thing in their life.

2. It also seems to hit younger, gung-ho elders, which is how the new GB members got there.

3. Other new partakers tend to be a little unhinged on the mental health side of things.

That the GB is grooming and encouraging people to see themselves as anointed doesn't make sense. They already have a "concept" in place that the rank and file will accept if all the anointed ones die off.

S4

• fresia
    fresia

the 144,000 are nothing more than servants. it is us that place so much importance on them, those that are truly annointed in heart don't even think of wearing crown so to speak. there are thos that are a legend in their own minds all through the org. from the so called GB to the elders, pioneers. pride has been the fall of even the perfect angel the beautiful one, to become the dark one, it is pride that is the fall of man.

god is the judge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit