Need Everybody's Help!!

by Metamorphosis 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

How does she feel about raising a child in an organization that hides and protects pedophiles? That cares more about their money an wealth than the saftey of children?

Order the Barb Anderson CD's and see how she feels then!

JW's don't have the monopoly on morals, just because you raise a child as JW does not mean they will be a good moral person that does not smoke, curse, have premarital sex or any other thing else she considers to be "bad". I was raised by JW parents - was forced to hang out with JW kids, guess what? They were the biggest drug addicts, smokers and was having more premarital sex than my non-jw friends were! Most were elders kids. It really irks me when people think that only JW's raise good kids or are good people.

nj

• unique1
    unique1

Holy Crap. My suggestion, put it in a binder with sections so she can read and digest one at a time.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

Wow - thanks everybody for the wonderful support and comments.

thanks IP_Sec, Mrs Smith, reneef, and unique1 for your thoughts.

to answer some questions:

Sarah - thanks for the pyramid information - i was looking all over for that quote. i'd like to include at least a portion of that.

R6 - I'm attempting mainly to show her a series of false statements, predictions, and changes of thought. Then get her to reason on would the Holy Spirit allow those things coming from an organization God is using as his SOLE channel. If he only has one how would there be all these false statements through the years. I know alot of them are old and that's why I emphasize it is the WTBTS that claims 1919 as the date they were chosen. Also if they were wrong those times claiming what they said was through holy spirit, how do we know they are not wrong today. I still let her know in the conclusion i can live with some things being said wrong - what i really don't agree with is that they will cut you off from all family and friends if you disagree with them about something publically. how can they take that stance after the changes they have had to make.

Gill - I think you're thinking i'm in the same mind frame as my wife - far from it. I've been mentally out for a while now and a slow fader. I totally understand being a JW in no way makes you any more than anyone else. i reached that conclusion years ago. thanks for the comment though!

ex-nj-jw - I initially had a child molestation page in there but I just couldn't get it feeling right. It seemed it was too accusatory without enough substance backing it up. most of the info i could find the person had been disfellowshipped so i don't think it would have swayed here. i might try to get BA's CD and present something seperate later after i've had more time to review...

Fe203Girl - my ultimate achievement would be that she fades with me. i guess my fallback goal would just be that she understands why I take the positions i do even if she can't totally agree. hopefully that would allow a child to be brought up with some freedom of choice. but i'm not sure i would have one if she wasn't fading with me - but that's a bridge i'll have to cross when i get to it. i need to see what her reaction is first.

She's never been exposed to any of this information in any way before. My only hope is that it will be an eye-opener. yes - i realize she may not jump off the boat right away, but i'm hoping if presented right (definately trying not to be harsh - more of a case of well if this is the case what does it mean - like i'm still trying to figure it out too ) then it will put a crack in the dam.

thanks all again!

Morph

• Liberty
    Liberty

Your information is good. Unfortunately, your wife must be willing to overcome her "cult-control" filters to see it. If she has some reservations about the WTB&TS you might get through but if she is a hard core beliver it will not matter how good the evidence is. This may be make or break for your relationship.

If you haven't already exposed her to any information you might be better off approaching her from a simple "I can't believe a Loving God would kill all the unbeliever's babies and children at the big "A" and this has really been bothering me.". Or explain that when you run the numbers it becomes clear that the longer Jehovah postpones the big "A" the greater the number of people who will exponentially be killed because the population of nonbelivers is growing at a vastely higher rate than believers (JWs) and that their preaching work can never catch up to reach them. The big "A" should have happened years ago when millions would not have been born just to be killed. You may also mention that huge areas of the Islamic world and Asia have never been touched by the JW's message and that the Society uses "collective guilt" to excuse this uncomfortable fact. Is God a racist and is He regionally biased? The scenario presented by the Society just doesn't make any sense and this bothers my conscience.

There is NO "Apostate" information contained in these obvious self-evident problems/contradictions. The other thing that bothered me long before I ever had any exposure to "Apostate" information was how could Jehovah be inspiring the Society to "cry wolf" over and over again as it relates to the coming of the big "A". If your wife is a life long JW surely she realizes that even in her short lifespan the Society has promised that the "End" was only a few years away over and over again. How does falsely claiming this strengthen anyone's belief or faith over time? Why would God "spirit direct" them to falsley proclaim this over & over again only to tear down a believer's faith and make nonbelievers all the more skeptical?

I only suggest bringing up these points because you could not be accussed of having "Apostate" sources for these troubling problems nor are they very complex or fact heavy since they are mostly common sense observations which trouble the emotions of a kind and loving person.

Best of luck what ever you decide. You are in a tight spot.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis
    might be better off approaching her from a simple "I can't believe a Loving God would kill all the unbeliever's babies and children at the big "A" and this has really been bothering me.".

The only thing i worry about something like that is she is not the kind of person to run off and do this research herself. She's going to need a big push or she will not question. I think if I only bring up one or two small things, she's the kind that will just set them aside and believe well one little thing here or there doesn't really matter in the grand scheme and all the good they done and got right. I think it's gotta be something to set her a little off balance - like is there really that much to consider?

• Liberty
    Liberty

You know your wife best. So if your instincts about her say to hit it harder that might be the way to go. I hope she can see the truth. Best of luck

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hi Metamorphosis,

You said:

she is not the kind of person to run off and do this research herself. She's going to need a big push or she will not question.

Only you know your situation so take everyone's advice, mine included, with the proper degree of saltiness.

My approach has been to plant and water, plant and water. I'm hoping that in the process, quite a few solid points will have a chance to take hold on my JW-wife and children. Then they can process it on their own at their own pace. But, even following this approach, someday I may have to drop a "bomb" like you're proposing. If and when that happens, I think this DA letter from Black Swan of Memphis is pretty powerful. Also, it's not too long. Sorry, but I think yours is bit too long. For an initial "bomb" I'd try something similar to Black Swan's. Then, if your wife wants more "back-up" you could offer your longer document.

Here's BSOM's DA letter thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/105057/1.ashx

She has several elders and other hard-core JWs in her family and was targeting them when she wrote it.

If you really feel like you've got to give her everything at once, I'd use this DA letter as a template and customize it for your situation. Heck, you could even say that you stumbled onto this letter from a "sister" who finally started seeing things differently and just let her read BSOM's DA letter verbatim. I really think it's very persuasively written.

Good luck.

Open Mind

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

Great link - it's very much appreciated.

I would love to take the plant and grow approach - but this kid thing is causing decisions to be made now...

thanks all for your kind insight and help - i'm glad i found this board.

Morph

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have to wonder if this is going to really scare her. Unless a person is ready to have their eyes open, to take it all in can be overwhelming and often triggers a wall up..

you may very well alienate her from you.. I don't know. good luck

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

The kid thing! Ask yourself are you ready to be a father? or do you want a child?

I looked at everyones post! and someone said something really good!

Put it in a binder and give it to her!

At least she could look over everything you have been thinking about and why!

Sorry I forgot who posted the above quote, it was a good suggestion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit