Need Everybody's Help!!

by Metamorphosis 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

Ok - I've placed myself in a make or break situation. I don't post a lot so you may not be familiar with me, but feel free to read my initial post on my situation. A little has changed - i've now not turned in a service report the last two months (June and July) - first time in 25+ years, it feels great! Whether you are still Christian or atheist I need everybody's help in what I now have the challenge to do...keep reading!

To get to the point, the wife and I have been discussing whether or not to have our first child. We're both in our early thirties - so it's probably now or never and a very serious discussion. Obviously due to my weak meeting attendance (mostly sunday only), lack of meeting with the field service group, stepping down as a MS, and various comments I place now and then one of her questions was - How would you want to raise the child religiously? Stammering for time I reply 'What do you mean?'.

Her reply basically is would you want to raise them as a JW? And before i can say anything she says - think how we turned out, pretty good right? i mean we are moral, don't smoke, lead good lives etc... So this gives me a quick easy answer - YES I would want to raise them like that - to be moral, and good, and lead Christian lives. She says - i wish you would talk to me about how you feel. Being this involves whether we will have a child - i feel i owe it to her at this point, being the ONLY reason i pretty much have been avoiding wanting one is because I don't want to bring him/her up believing their salvation is dependent on this organization. So my answer: I WILL. Give me a few weeks to get my thoughts in order and I'll tell you how i feel.

Sooo...you see where i am. I do want to lay it out for her. Bringing up one topic will not work - it's not enough to overcome her 30+ years. I feel the only way is to hit her fast and hard like it hit me. So i've been working the last 2 weeks on a document i'm going to sit down with her and let her read. i feel she will read it as she really wants to know what is going on in my head. I started with over 150 Word pages gathered from this site and the many others i respect. i've condensed it down to around 50...LOL. i know i still have some work to do on it to polish it up, make it clearer, more smooth-flowing (i'm trying to think back to my public talk days :D ).

But here is where I need you!! Please everybody that has the time review the link of the document and give me all criticism constructive and otherwise. Let me know your thoughts - what i should remove, what i should add, what i should re-word.

This is my one in a million shot to let her see the real Truth. if this works my life will be officially on track. if it doesn't i'm not sure what will happen - but i'm at the point i'm willing to take the chance. i love my wife and want to have a child with her. if nothing else i need her to respect my viewpoint and be open-minded.

all and any help is greatly appreciated - now for the link (i hope - i don't know much about posting this kind of stuff):

http://www.youshare.com/view.php?file=public.doc

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

If anyone can tell me how to make actual links that would be great...

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i use iexplorer and i just copy / paste it from the address bar

or you can click on the globe looking thing above when you're typing out your post and insert hyperlink there.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

thanks Candid - i've got a link working. Any way to show a PDF viewer on the page so people don't have to download the file?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

not to my knowledge, i think pdf's have to be downloaded and read on adobe reader on each individual computer.

you can maybe copy paste it to word and just paste it here in a post if its not too large?

just clicked on the link.. it says

FILE SIZE : 348672 kb how many pages is that?

• still_in74
    still_in74
    the wife and I have been discussing whether or not to have our first child. We're both in our early thirties - so it's probably now or never and a very serious discussion.......
    ....Being this involves whether we will have a child - i feel i owe it to her at this point, being the ONLY reason i pretty much have been avoiding wanting one is because I don't want to bring him/her up believing their salvation is dependent on this organization...........

ok, this is exactly what I am going through right now. My wife wants a kid sooo bad and so do I but I just cant do it. I can fake "the truth" for me but I cant be a part of making my child believe. This has been a serious sore point and my wife is very depressed over it. I fear she will progress to a serious depression if I dont knock-her-up! I will read every word as I hope it will help me. I have made a little progress recently but I will save that for another post.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!!!!!! I hope you find your solution........

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

I mentioned in my original post that I've got it narrowed down to 50 pages (from 150+ originally)

I have to cover alot of topics and be convincing in what i do cover. i still feel i'm leaving 90% of what i know out...

i'd like to get this even smaller if possible - that's why i'm asking for help!

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis
    I can fake "the truth" for me but I cant be a part of making my child believe

Still_In - yep, that's how i feel (though i'm really not doing much faking for myself anymore). I look back at all I had to go through being a Witness as a child and I"M NOT putting mine through those same situations. Hope you can find something in the document to help - some kind of logic or reasoning that may put a chink in the armor. And any suggestions are welcome!

• changeling
    changeling

Have you looked at some of the topics in the "best of" section? Good ideas there.

Have you downloaded the UN's letter?

Have you received the Sept. KM? That Question Box could be an eye opener.

Also: the KM inserst about blood fractions. It makes no sense at all. Go over it with her.

All the best,

changeling

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis
    Have you looked at some of the topics in the "best of" section? Good ideas there.

Definately Yes! i wouldn't be surprised if some people recognized some of the logic and information. Those threads were immensely helpful!

Have you downloaded the UN's letter?

Yes - i've got it in PDF form. i'll probably print it off when i print this document and include right after the UN section i have in the doc

Have you received the Sept. KM? That Question Box could be an eye opener.

We haven't got ours yet...i wasn't planning on including his as i don't think it's harsh enough - this is one of those things i think is more eye-opening when you are already on the way out. i think alot of JW's will just read it as 'don't look at apostate stuff'' or 'concentrate on the literature from the FDS class'. but if this doc gets her attention - then definately i would attempt to show her the control features in that KM

Also: the KM inserst about blood fractions. It makes no sense at all. Go over it with her.

I hadn't considered that yet - i'll have to go back and find it...do you have a Month/Year? would it be in the WT Cd?

Morph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit